Bruce Pearson

Pork Chops and more

Ok here they are sorry only a couple pictures.ok the first pic is thepork with dizzy dust and vacummed sealed, the second one is prep, third one is grilling and the forth is my friend and me enjoying the fruits of my labor lol. Tony I teally like the dizzy dust, thanks for suggesting it. For some reason I had a hard time getting the KK up to the temp I wanted. The pork turned out very tasty. 

1B593078-B774-4F1D-B92E-6C2D27A48FEC.jpeg

image.png

8D68F8EE-5362-4086-A832-32848D06961C.jpeg

D3E47BBA-EBB9-46E8-90AF-1145F871A0E7.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

There ain't no flies on you, Bruce. Just look at  those shish kabobs, those mushrooms and those chops. :-D :smt060

There has to be an air flow problem if you didn't get the temp. up to where you wanted. Did you stir the lump in the basket to get rid of the ashes from the last cook and maybe check to see if there is a build up of ashes in the bottom of your KK? 

Now you'll have to invite your friend back for a rerun once you determine the source of the air flow problem.  :-D  I'm sure he will be delighted. :smt023:smt023

• Like 1

Looks good Bruce, your eating well. Dizzy dust, sounds interesting, always lookin for a good rub, think I'll take you up on that. If your interested and maybe lookin for one on beef, try Eat Barbeque the most powerful stuff....Yum.  Hey, your grass is green, that ain't astro turf is it?  Looks to nice, Can't even see a weed.

• Like 1

Thanks Grant they were pretty tasty. I think they would’ve tasted better if I use some of that dizzy pig  rub on them. The only reason I didn’t use it is because I didn’t know if my friend would like it. Turns out he really like that dizzy dust rip on the port. I did use some of the dizzy dust on the mushrooms that I grilled separately.  I sprayed them with olive oil and then dusted them With the dizzy dust.  Happy grilling 

• Like 2

For this kind of tasting experiment, get several small cuts of meat (or cut up a larger piece) and hit each one with a different rub. I use colored toothpicks to keep them identified. Example, to try the steak rubs - get a nice 12 oz sirloin and cut it into 3 or 4 pieces. You can do wings to see how different ones go with chicken. Here's a pic that I did of a side-by-side of cherry rub/sauce vs peach on pork chops some time ago. 

20161227_170021.thumb.jpg.43603da7536810df869e46e3b1c6b30a.jpg

20161227_173907.thumb.jpg.08fbc97c80a735cfec68da842935d549.jpg

These kinds of cooks can be a lot of fun! 

• Like 2