Aussie Ora

Road Kill

With all these chook cooks I needed some Road Kill.spatched it.405030084c8b3aa350af13b02a711c0a.jpg went sth African with the rub really like Ina Paarmans rubs .used some braai@grill on the bottom.eb81ff36b15aa6d4285205ab99a51d96.jpg.6fc25b467e60a449dd293482296c7475.jpg.then put some homemade garlic butter under the skin.3322b8d0b8b205dac45a74d65edc6f23.jpg.then some chicken rub .this will definitely be in my next care package lol.3be9ca25cc862dc9333f8573aac152bd.jpg.5f742f30561efd40d5e325428ebfb3d1.jpg.and on it goes.e28c5c1df2179ee5bdcce5425aa52cbb.jpg.and ready love the bark the chook rub gives.5f63afce6fb8ea10261c5bd39bc84a90.jpg.and chopped up .d605d80b3283cc00d7ec11cd444d80ba.jpg.048383f57286feb73bc5ff3eb8ba5868.jpg.nothing will compare to how juicey a chook cooked on kK is.and plated with a simple side was not that hungry .daf03cfe46770f6223aefbf03442e440.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 10

Yep. I backed them as a Kickstarter. They have both Sriracha based ones and "regular" seasoning ones.

I have all their flavors (of course, right?) and I gave away bottles of them to friends/family as Xmas presents. While they have their own tool for helping to insert them into foods, (I gave those as presents with the Stix, too.), I use the large injector needle from a marinating syringe that I already had and use a wooden skewer to push them through. Easy, peasy! 

My fav flavor of the Sriracha one is Blend X and I really liked the Holiday Blend in the regular line. But, I've tried them all. I almost always inject them into chicken that's going on the KK (I even mix flavors), have stuck them into briskets and pork butts, and very often inject steaks with them. The slight problem with steaks is that the melting temp for the Stix is 140F, so a medium steak @ 130F doesn't melt them completely - they just get soft and kinda ooze out when you cut into the steak, but it still works to flavor the meat. 

Just got an email from the this afternoon promoting a big sale on amazon:

Selected Sriracha and Seasoning Stix Flavors for $4.99!

Hi Everyone!

We are having a special spring promotion for selected flavors on Amazon. Blend X, Classic Garlic, Citrus Garlic, and Holiday Blend are all 50%! Take advantage of this offer soon since the promotion lasts until 4/22 11:59PM PDT. Link to the our Amazon's product page below.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Seasoning+Stix

The promo gets deducted when you put them in your cart. You don't see the 50% off price on the main Amazon page. 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 2

Do you have a cast iron skillet or griddle? Put that on the sear grate on the handles of the charcoal basket. Crank the heat to over 500F dome (will be about 800F in the pan). Let the pan get smoking hot, then drop the steak in (heavily rubbed with Bayou-ish). Use a steak that's at least 1 1/2" thick. Stand back as it will smoke profusely and be pungent! After about 30 - 45 seconds, flip the steak over (be very careful, use the longest tongs that you have!!) and go another 30 - 45 seconds. Remove the steak. Unless you have a serious pair of high temperature gloves, leave the pan alone! Check steak temp for desired doneness. If it needs more cooking time, put your lower grate in and roast the steak there (or if you're using the basket splitter, slide the pan off the direct heat. Be mindful, if you over do the blackening crust, it will get very bitter. Let the steak rest for 5 minutes then hit it with a serious knob of butter. If you want, you can mix in a tiny bit of the Bayou-ish rub into the butter for a little extra kick. Go easy on it - you want to be able to taste the meat - LOL! 

Here's some pics from a blackened porkchop dinner that I did some time ago.

5ad8b02c811f2_SmokingHotPan.thumb.jpg.b164a7a91becbb36fa8594be4d0623b0.jpg

5ad8b0e35d6d9_Resting-upclose.thumb.jpg.bc8834f68996915a7e6bf3b98f85565f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep. I backed them as a Kickstarter. They have both Sriracha based ones and "regular" seasoning ones.
I have all their flavors (of course, right?) and I gave away bottles of them to friends/family as Xmas presents. While they have their own tool for helping to insert them into foods, (I gave those as presents with the Stix, too.), I use the large injector needle from a marinating syringe that I already had and use a wooden skewer to push them through. Easy, peasy! 
My fav flavor of the Sriracha one is Blend X and I really liked the Holiday Blend in the regular line. But, I've tried them all. I almost always inject them into chicken that's going on the KK (I even mix flavors), have stuck them into briskets and pork butts, and very often inject steaks with them. The slight problem with steaks is that the melting temp for the Stix is 140F, so a medium steak @ 130F doesn't melt them completely - they just get soft and kinda ooze out when you cut into the steak, but it still works to flavor the meat. 

Hi Everyone!

We are having a special spring promotion for selected flavors on Amazon. Blend X, Classic Garlic, Citrus Garlic, and Holiday Blend are all 50%! Take advantage of this offer soon since the promotion lasts until 4/22 11:59PM PDT. Link to the our Amazon's product page below.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Seasoning+Stix

The promo gets deducted when you put them in your cart. You don't see the 50% off price on the main Amazon page. 

AR they hot like burn my tongue chilli hot

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

On 4/18/2018 at 5:28 PM, tony b said:

Hi Everyone!

Well, hell, I tried ordering this morning but I missed the cut-off for the discount by about five hours. I was going to try four different flavors. Thanks for posting, and let us know if/when they run this deal again. At half price I was going to pull the trigger... Oh well, maybe there will be a next time.