MacKenzie

Joule's First Cook

My Joule arrived today so I had to try it out. Did a beef tenderloin steak at 132F for 4 hours. A double baked potato in the air fryer along with some onion rings that were added at the end of the potato cook. I have been eyeing this sous vide for quite sometime and seeing it in amusedtodeath's post I got busy and ordered one. Tomorrow morning I hope to do a sous vide egg for breakfast and later some sous vide coffee. It should be a fun day.:)

1499303381_SVSteakDinner.thumb.jpg.98ae1ee887fb8d5cd2bb1989360769c9.jpg

395607405_DinnerisReady.thumb.jpg.711b24b385cdff13211054430822caa9.jpg

990429424_InteriorOfSteak.thumb.jpg.372d4ca1609fb939c2499cf2df8468a7.jpg

So far I'm very happy with this machine, it is quiet as a mouse, small, about 1.5 X 11.5 inches and 1100 watts.

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

I have been eyeing this sous vide for quite sometime and seeing it in amusedtodeath's post I got busy and ordered one.

Another KK shopper snagged!

Nice looking cook.  In over seven years of owning a sous vide machine, I think I have only used it a maximum of ten times.  It is great on Southern fried chicken wings but I am loving my KK for wings now.  Will try a thick steak like this sometime soon to see if that kick starts my enthusiasm.   

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

sous vide coffee

That's a new one on me, MacKenzie?? Details??

@tekobo - break that thing out and get to it! Best mashed potatoes, only way to cook "boiled" shrimp, and like MacKenzie said, amazing steaks. Perfect poached eggs, but they take a long time, so not the most convenient method for cooking them, but less prone to error.

The sous vide egg didn't take long because the Joule only require 1.5 inch of water minimum but then you need enough to cover the egg. I just put the water in a pot on the stove and brought it up to temp. almost then take it off the stove add Joule, set temp. 194F and time 8 mins and away you go. 

The coffee 149F for 2 hours, coarse grind, filter, and you will want to heat it up a little for drinking. It definitely had a caramel flavour to it and it was very smooth. Might make a better iced coffee. It was the same coffee that I use for my espresso but you would not recognize the flavour. I won't do this for a regular hot coffee as there are better and a lot faster ways to get coffee. ;)