Stevesoncoals

Brisket and Short Ribs - Help !

9 hours ago, Stevesoncoals said:

Good news, bbqguru can send 2 units with USPS for $53 (plus $44 for each fan). The $53 is the flat fee for shipping 1 or 2 units - so I’ve asked whether I can get a 3rd for that price in case anyone else Westside would like IN on the order. Tangles let me know if you’d still like one at that more morally acceptable price !! Bonfire want a spare ;-)  ?

Ive changed my mind i will take a spare Steve thnx. 

I’ve held off on ordering a pit viper because I’d like a variable speed fan. There is a link https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_40&products_id=346  on the FireBoard website which suggests some adaptors, not sure if these would work with either the FireBoard blower or the Flameboss. Bonfire I’m guessing you’ve figured all this out already and the answer is no .... unless you can forge/machine your own adaptor. 

52 minutes ago, Stevesoncoals said:

I’ve held off on ordering a pit viper because I’d like a variable speed fan. There is a link https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_40&products_id=346  on the FireBoard website which suggests some adaptors, not sure if these would work with either the FireBoard blower or the Flameboss. Bonfire I’m guessing you’ve figured all this out already and the answer is no .... unless you can forge/machine your own adaptor. 

I'm pretty sure all the blowers are just 12v computer fans inside.. the Guru is.  The variable speed is from the control unit not the actual fan. I'm sure the pit viper will work exactly like the FireBoard one.. if not the cure is to just choke the pit viper back so it's only 20% open. That's the setting I used to use on my Cyber Q when using the fan. (which I never do now)

Dennis is correct the variable speed is controlled by the Flameboss but the fan they use is a variable speed fan as well,(6.5 CFM variable speed blower), i ended up harvesting one to make another, (i couldn't wait for the Flameboss mob to get one out) works great. But like Dennis said, it will be used sparingly.

IMG_0912-1.thumb.JPG.49aa525f1e6a027f5a5343855f7fc8ee.JPG

00-Flame Boss-kit-universal> Smoker Controllers include a 15 CFM fan. These fans represent Flame Boss’ single biggest advantage. That’s because they’re variable speed fans, and Flame Boss is the only BBQ temperature controller with multi-speed technology. Unlike BBQ Guru’s® single-speed pulsed fan, the Flame Boss can blow at any strength, from 0–100%.

Edited by BonFire