Chanly1983

Please help the newbie.

Well I have, Berkshire pork chops, wagyu burger, quail, scallops, shrimp, salmon, and a few filets. I am thinking of buying some pork for pulled pork and trying to find a place around here to cut up some tri-tips.  Growing up 30 minutes from Santa Maria CA I do LOVE me some tri-tip!!

but I did just open up my octoforks package! Looking forward to using them, my wife looked at me with some concern in her eyes.

23 hours ago, Chanly1983 said:

but I did just open up my octoforks package! Looking forward to using them, my wife looked at me with some concern in her eyes.

Rightfully so. I've cut myself several times on them. Be careful, the tines are very sharp down the edges. One of the reasons that I rarely use them now. Plus, a lot of times, I have to tie food onto them with butchers twine to keep things from falling off into the fire. Kind of defeats the purpose in my mind. 

@Chanly1983 - Woo, Hoo, Great news! :smt041

Here's a great place to get some red oak for doing your Santa Maria style tri-tips!

https://fruitawoodchunks.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products/california-red-oak-wood-for-smoking

@chris hale - don't feel embarrassed about not getting all the jargon we toss around here. Just ask - we're a friendly bunch - usually! :laughing6:

Sorry I don’t know how to tag people.

Bruce I bought it off amazon but you can also order it from onegrill, it’s their universal roti basket. I convert it to flat or leave it as tumblr basket. The skewers I also ordered are not in yet but I think I might be able to run the skewers on it as well.

MacKenzie, I know I love it! I have some LeCrueset stuff as well, but I think staub will be getting my money from now on.

• Thanks 1