Aussie Ora

Brisket time

17 minutes ago, Tangles said:

Troys meat sells 300m rolls for$90. I will get a roll but 300m is like a couple life times for me.
I am sure kids will use for craft.
Happy to give you some when I purchase next week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers, I've still got around 90mtrs of it left which will see me through for a while, try some of those wood chunks on that brisket if your still cooking today, winter seems to have finally made an appearance 

7 hours ago, BonFire said:

Hey Aussie.. nice looking cook, did you go through a stall with the brisket, i done 2 pork shoulders 1.5 kg's each Xmass just gone on BJoe, one took 2hrs longer to get there.

Do you wrap in paper and foil at the same time (did i read that right) I got a huge roll of pink B paper online last year (if anyone wants to know i can dig up where i got it)probably paid too much for it, dunno. Also saw a packer brisket at the local supermarket during the week Gilberts around 5-6 kg, things are slowly changing for the better

This was only small the stalling going on was from me just one more drink lol . I love butchers paper best thing to wrap with on this cook  went straight Ijust wrapped it in some baking paper then foil. At the end and left it in the oven ..there are a few good butchers floating around that have that size  even in wagu but just to big for me and Dee.

Edited by Aussie Ora

6 hours ago, BonFire said:

Cheers, I've still got around 90mtrs of it left which will see me through for a while, try some of those wood chunks on that brisket if your still cooking today, winter seems to have finally made an appearance 

Getting blown away down here .cold and lonely it's all good I've got lamb shanks on Ora smoking over a bit of peach and cherry

• Haha 1

Yeah definitely will try the wood chunks. Am doing brisket next week.

Have done burgers for lunch. Have got pork ribs on for dinner. Rainy windy day doesn’t stop the cooking.... hahaha

Oh my goodness, Tony, that is awesome. :occasion9: I think I have been transported to Australia, we are freezing here, have the heater going in the greenhouse to keep things from freezing. The hummingbirds are all hanging around the feeders today too. These are phone pixs through my kitchen window but you get the idea. There are 3 other feeders with the rest of the flock hanging around.

1615614590_HBFeeding.thumb.jpg.463e356d7ef9524fcd6b4c9d11f8ce98.jpg

20180526_111730.thumb.jpg.4886a7c6c64ccc073e01ab60e75e53ca.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 3

Paybacks to you down under folks taunting us up here during our winter with beach pictures! It's 95F here today and staying in the 90s the whole holiday weekend! Might even flirt with 100F tomorrow!! Gin & Tonic weather, baby!! :glasses7:

Hahhahaha. If it makes you feel better, I have kids sports this morning. Will be watching in the rain.

That said the sun is breaking out. Perhaps it will be down at the beach this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my goodness, Tony, that is awesome. :occasion9: I think I have been transported to Australia, we are freezing here, have the heater going in the greenhouse to keep things from freezing. The hummingbirds are all hanging around the feeders today too. These are phone pixs through my kitchen window but you get the idea. There are 3 other feeders with the rest of the flock hanging around.
1615614590_HBFeeding.thumb.jpg.463e356d7ef9524fcd6b4c9d11f8ce98.jpg
20180526_111730.thumb.jpg.4886a7c6c64ccc073e01ab60e75e53ca.jpg

Nice pictures.

• Thanks 1