Aussie Ora

Brisket time

Aussie did you wrap in foil or paper? Troys selling rolls of butcher paper but it’s a massive roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hey Tan this was 3 kilos I just went straight .I did not have to spritz but I enjoyed it lol for the rest I just wrapped it in baking paper and foil .butchers paper is the go Raymond has not had any in yonks .I.knowtroy has it but it's finding the time .butchers paper is great for resting everything ,wrapping everything it breaths

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

Hey Tan this was 3 kilos I just went straight .I did not have to spritz but I enjoyed it lol for the rest I just wrapped it in baking paper and foil .butchers paper is the go Raymond has not had any in yonks .I.knowtroy has it but it's finding the time .butchers paper is great for resting everything ,wrapping everything it breaths

Wondering how long cook took Aussie. Aiming to do one on the long weekend coming up

• Like 1

In general, briskets take longer to cook than pork butts, as a reference point. Actual time depends on cooking temp and size of cut (whole packer cut, or just the point or flat). A whole packer cut cooked indirect at 275F generally takes 12 - 14 hours. If you drop the temp down to 225F add on another couple of hours. A point or flat, knock a couple of hours off those times. YMMV

• Like 1

Wondering how long cook took Aussie. Aiming to do one on the long weekend coming up

This was only 3kgs took only 5 and a bit hours .then another couple for the burnt ends .I thought it would take longer but being so small it just cruised along that's why I made burnt ends had some spare time .as the kgs rise so does the cooking time

This was only 3kgs took only 5 and a bit hours .then another couple for the burnt ends .I thought it would take longer but being so small it just cruised along that's why I made burnt ends had some spare time .as the kgs rise so does the cooking time

That’s quick. Might do a 5kg one

• Like 1

In general, briskets take longer to cook than pork butts, as a reference point. Actual time depends on cooking temp and size of cut (whole packer cut, or just the point or flat). A whole packer cut cooked indirect at 275F generally takes 12 - 14 hours. If you drop the temp down to 225F add on another couple of hours. A point or flat, knock a couple of hours off those times. YMMV

Have had to read about points and flats.... I am getting there

Always start earlier than you think and don't worry about finishing early. Wrapped in foil, then a heavy towel, and into an insulated cooler, the meat will stay nice and warm for many hours. Nothing worse than getting all fired up for some nice brisket (or pulled pork) and not have the meat finish in time for dinner. 

• Like 1

Always start earlier than you think and don't worry about finishing early. Wrapped in foil, then a heavy towel, and into an insulated cooler, the meat will stay nice and warm for many hours. Nothing worse than getting all fired up for some nice brisket (or pulled pork) and not have the meat finish in time for dinner. 

Thanks Tony. I have done pulled pork quite a few times. The towel and cooler trick works well. Most of the time I have done overnight cooks for lunch time. Have done dinner ones but only small.

I haven’t attempted brisket so not 100% on time. That and it also being dinner makes it harder on timing. Might get up at 4-5am to get started. Might even light the KK before I go to bed and put it on first thing in the morning.

Hey Aussie.. nice looking cook, did you go through a stall with the brisket, i done 2 pork shoulders 1.5 kg's each Xmass just gone on BJoe, one took 2hrs longer to get there.

Do you wrap in paper and foil at the same time (did i read that right) I got a huge roll of pink B paper online last year (if anyone wants to know i can dig up where i got it)probably paid too much for it, dunno. Also saw a packer brisket at the local supermarket during the week Gilberts around 5-6 kg, things are slowly changing for the better

• Like 1

Hey Aussie.. nice looking cook, did you go through a stall with the brisket, i done 2 pork shoulders 1.5 kg's each Xmass just gone on BJoe, one took 2hrs longer to get there.
Do you wrap in paper and foil at the same time (did i read that right) I got a huge roll of pink B paper online last year (if anyone wants to know i can dig up where i got it)probably paid too much for it, dunno. Also saw a packer brisket at the local supermarket during the week Gilberts around 5-6 kg, things are slowly changing for the better

Troys meat sells 300m rolls for$90. I will get a roll but 300m is like a couple life times for me.
I am sure kids will use for craft.
Happy to give you some when I purchase next week