tquando

Pepper Berries

Having read much about Tasmanian Pepper Berries (purple crack) I am definitely looking forward to giving them a try.  I checked the website below and they tell me they are completely out as the crop last year was terrible!

https://www.worldspice.com/spices/pepperberry-tasmanian

I live in Japan and cover all of Asia so on my visit to Sydney this week I went on a mission to find the coveted purple crack.   Much to my surprise none of the speciality shops in Sydney carried them and none of my colleagues were even aware of them.  One client did provide me with the sites below:

https://www.fourpillarsgin.com.au/distilling/tasmanian-pepperberry/  (these guys are friends of my brother. They know their botanicals).

http://www.herbies.com.au/?s=tasmanian+pepperberry&post_type=product

I am curious if anyone else is struggling to find purple crack or if folks have any experience using the leaves rather than the berries

My mission will be completed!

The leaves aren't anywhere close to the intensity of the berries. I have both. I was the one who coined the name "Purple Crack" given how instantly addictive this stuff is. I use it all the time. Fortunately, I still have 4 dime bags left out of last year's kee. Hoping it gets me through this year's drought!

• Like 4

The leaves aren't anywhere close to the intensity of the berries. I have both. I was the one who coined the name "Purple Crack" given how instantly addictive this stuff is. I use it all the time. Fortunately, I still have 4 dime bags left out of last year's kee. Hoping it gets me through this year's drought!
I was your supplier dodgy as lol

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tquando said:

Just received my care package.  Thank you Charles!   A special Japan pack will be on the way next week.

It is really great having the opportunity to meet people like yourself.  Thank you again.

You are most welcome. Glad I could help you out. That was pretty quick shipping. 

Do me a favor, wait until week of June 18th before shipping. Going on vacation that week and I don't want to be gone when the package arrives. 

Charles

Back in the US for vacation (can’t wait to get to my Jackson Hole BB32!) with a care package on the way.   PIC attached with:

-  Teriyaki sauce

-  My favorite onion and sesame (goma) dressings

-  Wasabi for marinating

-  Japanese pepper mix

-  Misi for marinating

Enjoy and will share other unique Japanese items moving forward 

Best!

AFCB0BC9-86FA-499D-8BD1-84722F1F53DE.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tquando said:

Charles

Back in the US for vacation (can’t wait to get to my Jackson Hole BB32!) with a care package on the way.   PIC attached with:

-  Teriyaki sauce

-  My favorite onion and sesame (goma) dressings

-  Wasabi for marinating

-  Japanese pepper mix

-  Misi for marinating

Enjoy and will share other unique Japanese items moving forward 

Best!

AFCB0BC9-86FA-499D-8BD1-84722F1F53DE.jpeg

Back from vacation. That is awesome. Should give me some different flavors for my Konro grill. Will be on the lookout. TY 

Edited by ckreef