ckreef

WFO Baking in the Rain

I will Aussie. on Amazon it has a 4.1 star rating from over 700 reviews? They say it’s a flavor you love to hate lol

Hahaha, the Australian government gives out citizen certificates to anyone that can consume a standard jar in a day. Give it a shot.
I am surprised they haven’t kicked me out for not liking vegemite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

And if that floats your boat there is always Marmite too..

Is Vegemite and Marmite the same thing?
A second blind taster considered the Marmite milder, but still found the Vegemite delicious despite its more harsh taste. The final taster found both “gnarly.” Marmite was more sour and less flavorful, while Vegemite tasted “more like fake meat.” Clearly, yeast extracts are not for everyone!
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Ok I’ll weigh in after I taste it lol if I survive

When Aussie suggested spreading a thin amount on a piece of toast he meant a really thin spread. Not peanut butter amount, not even regular butter amount, the absolute thinnest amount you can spread on toast. BTW have a glass of milk on standby, you're going to need it - LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

And if that floats your boat there is always Marmite too..

Is Vegemite and Marmite the same thing?
A second blind taster considered the Marmite milder, but still found the Vegemite delicious despite its more harsh taste. The final taster found both “gnarly.” Marmite was more sour and less flavorful, while Vegemite tasted “more like fake meat.” Clearly, yeast extracts are not for everyone!

Marmite has nothing on vegemite brings a rose in every cheek lol

I am a fully paid up member of the Marmite hating brigade and I refused to even taste Vegemite, in spite of living in Australia for 15 months.  Big BUT coming up though...

Type in Typing Room and marmite butter into Google and you will find many converts to this weird taste.  They include me.  The Typing Room serves IPA rye bread with Marmite whipped into butter and it is seriously addictive.  I still haven't quite got my head around actually buying some of the stuff and trying to make the butter myself though.  Could work well for you @Bruce Pearson - make some beer based bread and whip your Vegemite into some butter and you could be on to something.  Good luck!!!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1