ckreef

Nothing but WFO money!

21 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Looking yummy Charles is that a meat pie on the last picture?

7 minutes ago, Grant said:

Looking good Charles!   Bruce I bet it’s a blueberry pie from all the berries he’s scored lately.  

It is a Blueberry pie. It was a bit of a failure. Anything with a bottom crust doesn't work well in a WFO. The problem is as soon as you put something like that in a WFO the deck directly under the pie dish starts to cool down. The end result is the bottom crust doesn't properly cook. 

Lasagna, meat pies, things like that work well with no worry about burning the bottom. 

Fruit pies not so well. 

I'm learning. 

• Like 3

It is a Blueberry pie. It was a bit of a failure. Anything with a bottom crust doesn't work well in a WFO. The problem is as soon as you put something like that in a WFO the deck directly under the pie dish starts to cool down. The end result is the bottom crust doesn't properly cook. 
Lasagna, meat pies, things like that work well with no worry about burning the bottom. 
Fruit pies not so well. 
I'm learning. 

Try pretty baking the crust

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

I really like my new oven gloves and the coal separator definitely helps. I'm not there yet but getting better with each cook in the WFO. 

2 mistakes today - dough was over proofed (I need to get my timing together because I keep making thismistake) and the sauce was to watery. (last time saucewas was to dry, maybe next time I'll get it just right). 

2mistakesA.thumb.jpg.f480d393c24abad29687a4f975210f86.jpg

2mistakesB.thumb.jpg.2b148efe87fd7d5562ce485e511d707b.jpg

2mistakesC.thumb.jpg.80a08e1a3f95e7e490e55e9cfa3b0b70.jpg

2mistakesD.thumb.jpg.cd055ce7f50aa9b2a2433341847b4196.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I hope you shared that delicious pizza with SK. :) :drinkers:

Nope she ate her disaster. She said it tasted good (it had her toppings) I just massacred it trying to get the peel under it to turn it before it was ready for a turn. 

WFO's are a serious learning curve and I guess I'm a slow learner - LOL 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

Either way it means you have to keep trying until you get it perfect and  in the meantime all those delicious not quite perfect pizzas. :grin:

Don't worry, cooking 2 or 3 pizzas a week (at the most) I'll have it figured out in another year or two - LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pulled Pork buns. For bread in a WFO it's all about timing your fire management with the dough proofing time. Getting better at that. You want a small bed of coals at the most relying mainly on residual heat. 400* happened just as the buns had 1 hour proof time. 

cksk5a.thumb.jpg.024c87f893b1d3e3d7e6af833807e467.jpg

cksk5b.thumb.jpg.d279f1a5ea38ec8855892cedd1766e64.jpg

cksk5c.thumb.jpg.1a87c09a02ceba1082de14b0774f5cc3.jpg

cksk5d.thumb.jpg.be1d09db5661500780503d8e37188fe6.jpg

• Like 5