Chanly1983

32” Terra Blue

9 minutes ago, Chanly1983 said:

I have notice :)

@Pequodabout how much stainless chain for baking bread in a 32”?

I bought two spools of stainless steel chain at Home Depot. Total weight of that with the cast iron skillet is about 30 lbs. That’s what you’re after...the total mass of iron and steel that’s storing thermal energy.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:52 PM, Paul said:

Is 30 lbs the target for a 23 KK also?

Yes. Syzygies did the math for 30 lbs of iron/steel and 350g of ice in a 23" KK. That seems to work fine in my 32 as well, but possibly could add another spool and a bit more ice.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:21 PM, Chanly1983 said:

my wife keeps taking my tablet away when she’s me on the D’Artagnan specialty meats webpage...  I think I might have issues!

Welcome to the Obsession!!! 

Plan B - Snake River Farms for wagyu! 

I am a tease...:oops:

between unpacking it, cleaning it, moving it, dinner and running errands for my 96 grandmother I haven’t sat down and posted anything. But once I get a few seconds of down time I’ll give everyone their “fix.” Unless everyone wants to wait for the table in a monthish and you can get the full experience?

i will say my father and uncle helped move it and they wouldn’t stop ranting and raving how amazing and well built everything is! Then we opened the shipping crate and their jaws hit the floor! @DennisLinkletter Mad respect and thanks for all the help, can’t wait to see the covers, table and cutting board!

BA522A47-77DA-4FA6-90E6-31477B426CFD.jpeg

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.