Jman

Big Bad Enroute to Melbourne

Evening All,

I’ve been on www journey over the last 12 months looking for that perfect upgrade from my gas Webber Q!

I looked at everything but found myself coming back to the KK. 

I was yet another person tossing up the 23 or the 32 - in the end I couldn’t escape the lure of the Big Bad. 

This is a quick note to thank all the posters on the forum, and of course the very patient Dennis for all this information.  

The  KK is on the ship,  due in 4 weeks  so I’ll be sure post some pics  once we eventually crane the behemoth 11 meters up  onto the new terrace. 

Regards John

Edited by John S
  • Like 6

My wife’s 30 weeks pregnant with our 2nd and concerned I’m more excited about the delivery of our Big Bad. I have to admit I’m a little preoccupied.

Now it’s not true I’m excited for both it’s just the KK arrives in 15 days  and the baby in 56 days. Reasonable I’d say.

Below are the photos, apparently same kk so not sure the true color but happy with either.ill be back soon..

5506C83E-93CE-4D7B-846B-FBBB21CB9329.jpeg

43226D8C-D6FA-479F-A17F-8DB8845A2F24.jpeg

• Like 4

Got my first peak at the big bad after removing one side of the cardboard.

While limited, it is was enough to see this thing is absolutely immaculate. I literally broke Dennis’ balls on which exact cobalt blue tiles I wanted - and after given him plenty of contradictory requests - I can see that they are perfect!

Even in a crate, covered in cardboard , in darkness, through plastic wrap I can see that it is  level upon level above a kamado Joe and the like.

It’s going to get a lot of wtf is that comments just on people seeing it -  let’s hope  I do it justice on the cooking side of things.

is it large? Very. Is it perfectly large? Definitely.

Worst thing now is I have to wait until the project catches up on schedule.

#firstsightofaKK

Edited by John S
  • Like 6

So just a few more months (8) waiting and we’re ready to lift this thing in place so I can actually use it before I’m over it. To say I’m over building - an understatement.

Total weight lifts was 800kgs so a little ++ on the cost side, first crane failed  but managed to score a 2nd once before the 8hour lift  permit expired - in anycase she’s up - unbox tomoz and a first cook this weekend , not sure what yet  with burning to follow the weekend after. 

8F5FA118-ECD8-4B14-983C-78F1AEECA80C.jpeg

E7D5D0D2-F0CB-4481-8E68-2548252BD113.jpeg

• Like 4