Oldsman

BBQ Controllers

Is a BBQ controller necessary for low slow cooks, I was think maybe the monitor would be nice but not sure the fan is necessary

As far as MFG what seems to be the preferred model, BBQ Guru has a high percentage of poor review on Amazon, Flame Boss has fewer poor reviews

Thanks

At first I did not use one, I did several low-n-slow pork butts with good results, but I did get up a few times overnight to check the temps, which sometimes I had to adjust the vents.

I then bought a DigiQ with 10cfm fan. i set it, forget it and every cook is worry free and perfect. My BBQ Guru digiQ has not given me any issues since 2008 with probably 200+ cooks.

There are those on this forum that will tell you controllers are completely unnecessary, for the most part, they’re right. That said, I’m not one of them. I like my guru. It’s scratches my gadget itch, and give complete peace of mind on overnight cooks. The only issue I’ve had is one fan started getting noisy, replaced it, no other issues ever. It’s a cyberq btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk