Curly

Hey Cruzmisl

I sure did but I've been working my butt off at work and no time to take pictures (I'm usually good for a few of those :) )

Anyway the Sausage Maker jerky machine is a quality piece of equipment. The stainless is a bit loud with the fan but no big deal. Otherwise it was a great purchase. I tried a recipe from Cooks Illustrated and it was really good. A bit salty so the next time I made it I didn't add any salt. I can post the recipe if you're interested.

I literally just placed an order for some Bison to make some jerky with. I got a round roast and an eye of round roast coming (plus a tri- tip for the weary K). It's supposed to be much leaner than beef so we'll see how that goes.

When I first got the machine I called the local Whole Foods and asked them to cut me a bottom round roast 1/8" thick because I was making jerky. I picked it up and paid for it without looking. I got it home and the tool cut it at 3/8" :x That jerky wasn't too good. WAY too thick. Oh well live and learn.

Saturday is the next jerky making day so I'll post some pics.

Joe