MacKenzie

Cornish Hen on the Rotisserie

29 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Tekobo! A kale smoothie? That sounds about as  appetizing as a Vegemite sandwich LOL 

I'm growing a lot of kale this year.  I read that the nutrient value reduces relatively quickly after picking so I thought I would do the greenhouse to smoothie maker to tummy in minutes test.  Whizzed up a pile of kale, a pear and a lime.  It was really tasty for something that is so good for you!  That has broken my duck and I am now going to make the most of my crop by having a smoothie at least every other day.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Breaking one's duck on a thread about a chook feels appropriate.  

Twice I brought home armfuls of kale from the allotment and twice I never quite got around to making that smoothie.  I am not that good at incorporating veg into my diet so I am hopeful that getting into the habit of whizzing and drinking will mean I use my crops AND "eat" better at the same time.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tekobo said:

Breaking one's duck on a thread about a chook feels appropriate.  

Twice I brought home armfuls of kale from the allotment and twice I never quite got around to making that smoothie.  I am not that good at incorporating veg into my diet so I am hopeful that getting into the habit of whizzing and drinking will mean I use my crops AND "eat" better at the same time.  

As long as we're all learning dialects..."whizzing" in "American" generally means something different from what you intended, and usually follows drinking. :shock:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pequod said:

As long as we're all learning dialects..."whizzing" in "American" generally means something different from what you intended, and usually follows drinking. :shock:

Ahh.  American dialect is interesting.  Suffice to say, I won't be searching for or using that word again!

• Haha 1