MacKenzie

No Joke to See This

What a Surprise I got this morning when I checked the camera pixs from over night.

Bear.jpg.1572c45aefbc4046cad0174e64c5b113.jpg

455199755_BearMovingThrough.jpg.9957cb21c61706e65de221646e8bfbdb.jpg

986666603_BearWalkingAway.jpg.9462f988f0be3af255358d471d94702b.jpg

It reached up 7 feet and pulled down 2 of my bird feeders so I spent the first part of the morning repairing them. I will be taking down at night until bear season is over.  !!!!

While we are at it I had a tapas bar built for feeding the critters mainly for the winter so I can feed right from the deck. The menu is pretty sparse but they seem to like it. This bar closes about 10:00 to avoid feeding unwanted critters , like raccoons and bears.

1032722259_TapasBarandGuest.thumb.jpg.270ef58c5059b21b10f7ae5b8bb03ddf.jpg

• Like 8

BonFire, that is my sunroom, and it has a small woodstove for the winter to keep things toasty. I use it all year long, great views, peaceful and as you said serene even during the blizzards. It has windows all way round and I can see my KKs from my chair. :grin:

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Thought I might just as well add a couple of pixs from the rebuild of my square foot garden boxes.

1136726883_NewBoxes.thumb.jpg.de5b7755fb1909e74e055a396cc7d8d0.jpg

That looks absolutely lovely @MacKenzie.  I am really grateful to you for introducing me to square foot gardening, it has been great so far.  The only thing I don't envy is your weather.  Frost in June?  Really??? :smurf:

• Like 1

tekobo, I hope you enjoy this method of gardening as much as I do. :grin: You might get to eat out of yours this summer where I might not, the temp. today is a whopping high of 13C with rain. This is the worst summer I can remember. Yes, we are always at risk of frost until the middle of June but normally we have gorgeous days with nice temps. I even put a fire on in the living room this morning.:shock:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tyrus said:

To be expected. He musta smelled one of your cooks and was late for the invite.

Hey Tyrus, I've missed your sense of humour.  I still laugh whenever I remember you fessing up to not being snow bound and that you'd manage to fool us into thinking your Jack Russells were perimeter patrolling Great Danes.  

• Like 1