MacKenzie

No Joke to See This

Thanks, Aussie, so far they have destroyed beehives that we had but that was many years ago, more recently they have only ripped down the two bird feeders that I was able to fix. Knock on wood they have not touched my garden. We never used to see bears and they have only become a problem in recent years. I believe it is because we have lost all the small farms in the area and a big outfit will come in and rent the land and grow huge crops of corn, there are acres and acres of corn normally. Good feed for the raccoons and bears. The outfit that was doing that went bankrupt this year and so far nothing has been planted. I guess we might have a lot of hungry critters. I am hoping they will move on. (The critters, that is.)

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Sad 1

Really beautiful, MacKenzie. I used to have a fair size garden, but quit when the deer completely cleaned out 750 feet of cream peas, in one night! We were actually going to pick them the next day. But no bears!
Thanks, Randy. I gave up on corn on the cob because the raccoons would come and test it then just when I was about to get some they would come overnight and clean the whole thing out.:( :( :(
  • Like 2

We actually do ok with corn, because the deer don't eat it until it is hard, past corn on the cob stage. There are enough hay fields around us that we don't see raccoons very often. The saying is that you know which (peas, watermelon, cantaloupe, etc., take your pick) are ready because those are the ones the deer have eaten or stomped holes in.

• Like 1