marco polo

Does the KK come with temp gauge?

Re: Gauge temps wrap around?

You can use the 750 gauge beyond' date=' the tems up to 1200+ should not effect it. Just gots to do a little math. I hope performing such stunts should be prefaced by some disclaimer?? 8)[/quote']

Generally speaking you should not use a gauge beyond it limits (unless it was designed to do so). I have seen a few scales that were designed to wrap a certain amount of times (to improve accuracy and keep the dial smaller). When you exceed the limit of a fixed range, you damage the zero and span calibrations of the instrument. Sure you might can get away with it a few times, but more than not you will eventually destroy the calibration (and the gauge). Take it from someone who has seen plenty of gauges get wrapped - hehe.

Just for info, it is not the best idea to crank the grill beyond 750 (build a forge like I did if you need that). Most people find that food is better cooked than burned to a crisp - hehe. For someone who really likes the T-Rex steak cooking method (I can go for that too), there is an optional upper grill (that reverses and becomes a sear grill too). That way it can be placed directly on the charcoal holder and hit those really high temps quickly without letting the entire grill heat up.

-=Jasen=-