ckreef

A 30 hour Low-n-slow Burn

So last night after my rib cook I didn't properly shut down the KK (oops my bad). Come home from work today about 30 hours after I fired it up and it's still at low-n-slow temperature. 

30hr1.thumb.jpg.097096cc5e62e98efc46691fe8545bb3.jpg

I had started with a basket full of Fogo Premium Black Bag lump. Was curious to look inside. 

30hr2.thumb.jpg.da0f1bdd729ccc3f04f9588a034c487f.jpg

The KK defiantly did a nice complete burn. I'm good with a 30 hour burn time. Longest I've gone in a kamado. And this is just a 19 Table Top. 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Tyrus said:

You sure have that KK dialed in or was it a combo. Fuel and KK

I think a little bit of both. The Fogo Premium Black Bag is nice hard lump and the KK was just set right. 

Although I started with a basket full of lump it wasn't overstuffed. If I had really loaded it up it probably would have gone another 6 hours. 

Edited by ckreef

47 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I think a little bit of both. The Fogo Premium Black Bag is nice hard lump and the KK was just set right. 

Although I started with a basket full of lump it wasn't overstuffed. If I had really loaded it up it probably would have gone another 6 hours. 

Remarkable.

• Thanks 1

The more dense (read heavy) the charcoal the longer the same VOLUME will burn.. the dialing in is simply the airflow that sets the volume of burning charcoal.. So Charles is a man of many talents but this time it was not those or any skills that created this 30 hour burn.  

The reason someone got 85 hours on one 23" basket of charcoal is that it holds more volume and it was my very dense (heavy) coconut shell charcoal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobCordeau said:

@DennisLinkletter I miss that coco char...

Any updates on finding a shipper?

I'm actually working with a company that is authorized to issue exemptions..
Jumping thru hoops does not even begin to explain what we are going thru.. Luckily we actually had all our "original" production records for the required 5 years back.. All the production testing numbers were required, then double checked against the also requested spreadsheets with the same info.. and their staff has on our dime visited our factory twice.. from Jakarta.. ARGH .  Gotta play the game..

I hope to be back in the saddle again before the end of the year!

• Like 1