Aussie Ora

Cheers tony b

Awesome mate was looking at the tracking at around 2.30 this arvo .and noticed they knocked at my door at 1.49 .gotta love usps tracking .so left work early to get to the post office. got there and when they brought out the parcel the lady said this is the one that smells like vinegar .I thought I know there goes uncle doughies you could smell it .so I said she'll be right .ta love .grabbed the parcel and headed home. first I was waiting for this lol.ee13f5b79b928e41c497f46ec21f5eae.jpg.38c96205678e24e8ab809867c3432e58.jpg.usps told me it had a stay lol. Great selection of rubs the salt looks interesting.f12fbd1c3518094216861b804ff9b08c.jpg.get to try both suya master rubs.de9e242d1a6378a025b422798eda5356.jpg.love the glasses. 78e699cc5276243ded9002d656239549.jpgand now for the uncle doughies glad you put it in a zip lock bag . 914d51fdabd04eb477c1e8b3c3323038.jpg.there was a small hole in the bag that leaked some into the box but bugger all .I pored it into my old bottle pretty much full. 5d060f7b9d5fdd4042e0c908541621af.jpg.cheers tony. .707db92b6ff4afbf68f389d2476bafea.jpg

Outback kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Glad the glasses made it OK, even if the Dougie's took a hit! Happy you could salvage it. I'll double wrap it next shipment. 

Scored the Makers glasses while down in Kentucky on my bourbon swilling adventure. Didn't know if you preferred the round or the square, so I got both - ha, ha!!

When I went to the local BBQ store to pick up a couple of things for you, the lady there had me try several new items; the pickle salt and the gunpowder rub were spontaneous purchases. I'll be curious as to what you use the pickle salt on - it really does taste like dill pickles!! I'm normally not a fan of rubs with charcoal in them, but this one (gunpowder) was actually pretty tasty. 

ENJOY!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

both suya master rubs.

I love it.  Nigerians are, unfortunately, known for internet scams and drug running.  I was worried that a "consignment" of suya spice from Lagos, sent on by a Nigerian in the UK would attract unwelcome attention.  But no, the suya spice has made it past sniffer dogs in Canada, USA and now Australia.  What fun.  Our reputation can't be all bad.  I hope you enjoy both versions @Aussie Ora.

• Like 1

Glad the glasses made it OK, even if the Dougie's took a hit! Happy you could salvage it. I'll double wrap it next shipment. 
Scored the Makers glasses while down in Kentucky on my bourbon swilling adventure. Didn't know if you preferred the round or the square, so I got both - ha, ha!!
When I went to the local BBQ store to pick up a couple of things for you, the lady there had me try several new items; the pickle salt and the gunpowder rub were spontaneous purchases. I'll be curious as to what you use the pickle salt on - it really does taste like dill pickles!! I'm normally not a fan of rubs with charcoal in them, but this one (gunpowder) was actually pretty tasty. 
ENJOY!
Glad you sent me two glasses I have a habit of dropping them lol .the salt has a tang to it for sure will have to play around with that

I love it.  Nigerians are, unfortunately, known for internet scams and drug running.  I was worried that a "consignment" of suya spice from Lagos, sent on by a Nigerian in the UK would attract unwelcome attention.  But no, the suya spice has made it past sniffer dogs in Canada, USA and now Australia.  What fun.  Our reputation can't be all bad.  I hope you enjoy both versions [mention=2714]Aussie Ora[/mention].
I was wondering when I got that email that said my great aunt had died and left me $150,000 and all I need to do is send $3,000 for legal costs .I said if you pay it just send me $50,000. still waiting lol . Will be fun trying these out

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

I was wondering when I got that email that said my great aunt had died and left me $150,000 and all I need to do is send $3,000 for legal costs .I said if you pay it just send me $50,000. still waiting lol . Will be fun trying these out

What amazes me is that people fall for those scams.  Greed gets the better of them I guess...

• Like 1

What amazes me is that people fall for those scams.  Greed gets the better of them I guess...

These scams get better by the day and pray on the vunerable .there is one going on in Australia that targets Chinese people saying they owe money and can get deported if they don't act now I got a phone call the other day an auto bot in Chinese and hit record on my phone played it back to a chinese lady at work and she just laughed apparently I owe the Chinese government heaps and my visa will be cut off and I will be deported back to China if I don't pay now lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Tacking onto this thread because I received my care package from @tony b this morning.  The Husband came in with a parcel and said "It's from Cedar Rapids".  So exciting!  I finished my chores and then sat down to open it and fell about laughing when I pulled this out:

fullsizeoutput_fe1.thumb.jpeg.9a960e6c6f6809bb83e7d4158176c910.jpeg

Maggi cubes!  They smell and look just like they did from my childhood.  I haven't used them in years for "fear" of MSG but I also know that my Nigerian stews haven't tasted the same since.  Will give them a go when I next cook up a stew, thank you.

Thanks also for the hot sauce, peanut butter powder and suya pepper @tony b.  I will try out the suya pepper at the earliest opportunity and report back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had to do the Maggi cubes, since they were made in Nigeria! I had hoped that they were the secret "je ne sais quoi" in suya pepper blend, but alas no. Yes, they are full of chemicals, but sometimes for the sake of authenticity, you gotta roll with it! 

And, I'm looking for a serious critique of my suya pepper blend. Otherwise, ignorance is bliss! I know it tastes different than the one you sent me, partially because of the peanut butter powder (which is why I sent you some so you could see for yourself.)

If you think the Aji pepper hot sauce is on the "mild side" (it's not for most folks), I can send you some of the chocolate ghost pepper version in the next box. It's even too hot for me most of the time, unless I'm making a large quantities of whatever dish I'm using it in to dilute it down some. :angryfire:

• Thanks 1