cruzmisl

Cooked some buffalo today...

I ordered some buffalo for jerky (pics coming) and decided to buy a sirloin tip roast for dinner tonight. It was about 2lbs and was very lean. Cooked up to a nice medium rare and it was quite tasty. Apparently grass fed buffalo is much better for you than grain fed beef.

Here are some pics. I bought mine from http://www.northstarbison.com and they were great to deal with. Give it a try.

buff.jpg

buff1.jpg

I use my roti a ton but have a great wife who cleans it every time I use it. I'm really lucky. I got the 6" because the 8" seemed too big for my application. It's perfect for 2 - 4lb chickens.

I will say one thing. If you get the battery powered motor be sure to check the batteries. I went out to check the temp and it was almost stopped. That's not good.

As for the buffalo I'm sure they'd send it if you wanted to pay for it. You can usually get anything if you want to pay for it :)

I can't get kangaroo so I guess we're even :P

Actually, Magnificent Fubar (another member here) posted the following link:

http://www.exoticmeats.com/store/index.php?cPath=24_50

Eat Skippy! :smt022 (I personally don't like it)

That's a US seller, I doubt that buffalo meat would be allowed through customs. They're super strict here with food imports especially meat!

We're probably going to the states in the next few years. I'll make sure I'll have some!

Just from what I have read, you can get an AC adapter for the battery version. The big difference between the two is the torque. I think the battery/ac adapter was rated at 30 lbs and the straight ac at 50 lbs. So if you are getting the big cradle, might wanna think about the straight ac only.

-=Jasen=-

Probably only makes sense for portable cookers..

- or does the battery version also have an ac adapter with it?

I was "given" the battery/AC version by the EZ folks and I only use the adapter.. I'd run an extension cord or 3 before using batteries..

Probably only makes sense for portable cookers..

Just my $8

:lol::lol:

Personally I'd go with the battery powered model. I'm not cooking anyhting heavier than 30lbs and the batteries lasted at least 3 or 4 months. You can use the ac adapter if you want but I hate cords and stuff mucking up my grill area. Different strokes for different folks.

Joe

Just for others info, I would take into account the weight of the cradle (and how much you can put into it - especially if getting the larger one) when deciding which motor to go with. I have power at my grilling area so it is not a concern and would go with the heavier rated unit. Would rather have a unit rated at higher than my maximum use and not need it, than need it and not have it. I plan on trying pork butts and brisket on the thing, so I want power!!! Though if I did not have a receptacle right there, I can see how nice the battery unit would be nice.

-=Jasen=-