inacoma

ORDER UP!!!

Well after Dennis so thoughtfully replied to all my bazillion emails, after the web forum went down and back up, and after the follow up support from Dennis, I now am the FUTURE proud owner of a Supreme OTB. Placed the order today...will post pics when it arrives :)

Later,

K

Wow, mfg was quick!

I emailed Dennis last nite to see if you he could take some pics of my OTB being manufactured, but he said that it was already done and ready for packing. Said he would get some pics of it in the crate before it leaves. Folks ,this is only 6 days after I ordered the unit!!!...that is quick. Great service so far!!

will keep you posted once it arrives (hopefully in one piece).

Dennis, are you using the new packing techniques mentioned somewhere on this board?

K

Here she is!!!!

Some of you know that I didn't want to open the crate since I will be moving soon and thought the legs may break off during the move (heard stories about the other K). Well...I was getting antsy (and a bit of pear pressure from some of you!!) to use it, so a call to Dennis was in order. He explained that the legs are reinforced with rebar and that I shouldn't worry about them splitting/breaking off :) So here she goes!!!...

Most pics are on my website ...will take more as it gets used..here are few samples :) Can't open the top yet, missing 6 bolts...one call to Dennis and they are on their way.

Here she is on her first day home:

dscf0101.jpg

Here's where I used a circular saw to just rip down the sides of the crate for a quick open, without hassling to use a prybar and hammer...plus very little nails sticking out this way :shock:

dscf0115.jpg

dscf0118.jpg

Here's a good size comparison. That toolchest is 5'3" tall.

dscf0123.jpg

Here's just an artsy fartsy angle shot (with better lighting) with two of my most beloved toys..tools and grill. :) ...hmmm, possibly new Avitar photo :)

dscf0121.jpg

To allow me (wife no good at this stuff...and too late to call neighbors) to roll the unit off the crate, I hammered out one side of the pallet legs and created a 'ramp' of sorts to carefully slide the unit down. Be careful, the center block tends to slide with it :)

dscf0120.jpg

later..time for bed so that I can start dreaming of my first use this weekend!!!

Kumar

Kumar's new toy

That is a beauty. The legs on these units are so much more proportionate to the design of the unit than the kamado. The tile on the legs just looks more finished and the transition from bbq to legs is smoother. Good pictures, I like reference objects adjacent to the bbq. Maybe someone will use one of those height charts like they put in the doorways of minit marts to give reference to size of thieves.

Re: heavy

Sweet Kamado! Great photos.

How did you get it off the back of the pick up truck?

ahhh, that was fun :)

I uncrated the top portion of the crate, took the lid off, took the stuff out from inside, put the crate back together..wow that was a decrease in weigth itself). I then took two 6ft lengths of 2x4 and nailed/screwd one at the front of the crate, and another at the back of the crate...both at truck bed rail height. I then took two ratchet straps and criss crossed them under the crate and attached the other end to the 2x4 section sticking out (this is very important as crates should be lifted from the BOTTOM...not the sides. Now I had 4 long handles sticking out to the side of the truck. I then got 3 other guys and my wife. The 3 others and myself lifted the unit using the 2x4's while my wife drove the truck out from under it :)

later,

K

Hey Bud, did I miss the cooking photos or something?????

You gotta give us a little something here. Especially for those of us whom are living vacariously through other grillers.

-=Jasen=-

Pics looked so good that my computer ate them too!!! Really, it boogered them up during the transfer. I haven't fired the grill up since (been traveling...just bought a house in Denver, so the next cook will be there :)

later,

K