TheNakedWhiz

A couple of Pizza Stone q's

Re: A couple of Pizza Stone q's

1) Does the stone have the same white coating that the inside of the cooker does? Stupid question: I assume this is ok and it won't come off onto the food?

Yes..

2) Can Joe Blow off the street order a pizza stone just because he likes the size and the heft, etc.

Thanks!

And yes.. Better add another item to the costing guys pile..

:lol::lol:

1) Does the stone have the same white coating that the inside of the cooker does? Stupid question: I assume this is ok and it won't come off onto the food?

Yes..

2) Can Joe Blow off the street order a pizza stone just because he likes the size and the heft, etc.

Thanks!

And yes.. I better add another item to the costing guys pile..

:lol::lol:

Thanks!

Whiz, I don't cook on my KK stone, and the last time I pulled it out I noticed a spot where the coating appeared different, I scraped it with my fingernail and it was powdery. I don't know it's composition, perhaps it not harmful, but I'll stick with my Fibrament. Besides, I need the KK stone to deflect while I use my pizza stone, so you'll probably need 2 anyway! I'm sure you would be fine with some parchment paper over it....

Funny you mention Fibrament..

Whiz' date=' I don't cook on my KK stone, and the last time I pulled it out I noticed a spot where the coating appeared different, I scraped it with my fingernail and it was powdery. I don't know it's composition, perhaps it not harmful, but I'll stick with my Fibrament..[/quote']

It is the same cosmetic, non toxic white alumina cement that is inside the cooker. Keeping them dry is the key.. the white material gets harder and harder with use.. you can use a dry scotch pad to lightly sand/clean them if necessary..

We have been working with the boys from Harbison Walker and testing the Pizza Stone in a local hotel here... The material is ready to begin production.

Funny you mention Fibrament..

After testing our new stone's material to find the ideal heat transfer rate, we were surprised to learn that our material is almost identical to Fibraments. (according to their FAQ page)

Our stones heat transfer rate is 4.64 Btu.in/hr.sqft.°F and theirs is 4.63 Btu.in/hr.sqft.°F tested to ASTM Standard C177-95.

They of course claim that 4.63 is idea..

We beg to differ and are sure 4.64 is better..

Your pizza probably won't know the difference..

They are both great to bake on..

:lol::lol::lol: