Porkchop

On the grill, 5/5/06

Decided to do porkchops (yummy!) on the grill this eventide...

porkchops050506_0002.jpg

gotta get a camera with a viewfinder :x

taters were coated in EVOO and seasoned with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. corn was shucked and wrapped in foil. i don't wrap my taters as i really like the crispy skins. all baked in the mexi-K for a little over an hour at 450. then i prepped the chops.

anyhow, i chose the above pic so you can see how nice and thick these chops are. brined them for an hour with a VERY basic brine (1 gal H2O, 3/4 c. kosher salt, 1 c. sugar), and seasoned with my own rub. i cut down on the salt in my brine a bit to make up for the salt in my rub. perfect balance, as it turned out. pulled off the taters and corn and ramped Kong up to 650. grilled chops, indirect, about 5 min/side. let them set like 5 min. oh, man, were they good! juicy as all get out. i love those bone-in loin chops. that little chunk of pork tenderloin on the other side of the bone waits til last...

anyhow, good eatin'! if any of you are considering some pork or chicken for the grill this weekend (ESPECIALLY WINGS!!!), and you've never tried brining, do give it a shot. chicken parts and chops can brine for an hour. whole turkeys go all nite.