stevemurphy4

1st rotsserie cook in New orleans!!~

Thas right.. I am speechless!!! O my God..... The basket arrived today, the set up from Dennis arrived on wednesday and today was the first time I used it. I fired up the Komodo and achieved a temp of ap 325 degrees for 1hour and 45 minutes. Internal temp at 165 degrees Finished off the chicken with a temp of 500 for app 2 minutes to crisp up the skin. My crew ( who by the way doesn't not care for smoked flavor) absolutely loved it!! Chicken was VERY moist, great flavor and my son's girlfriend loved it also!! As you can see by the pictures I got approval form 'Ting" my cat !

Dennis, as you know my experience goes back to the original Kamado days as a dealer here in New Orleans, my first post reflects my true expressions as to what you have done with your creative, innovative designs with the "kamado" cooker. I am truly left speechless.... Kudos, Dennis!

Net time you are in New Orleans, I will take your family to one of New Orleans Finest restaurants, your choice!!

P.S. Don't forget Jazzfest, last week of april, first week of May every year; On of the best reasons to come her besides the food!

Steve

rotissseriecook.jpg

na, the potatoes were from last nite. They are garlic-rosemary roasted potatoes in olive oil. This krewe loves them!! I can post the receipe inthe food section if you like

steve

I think Deej (the KOMOD web forum master) has a rule that all food in pictures posted to the forum are required to be accompanied by a recipe! :D

Otherwise drooling and stomach growls could continue without a remedy. Imagine the liability if someone drooled to death.:shock:

well since this was my first attempt at rotesserie cooking, i kept it real simple. Washed the chickens, trimed them up a bit. dusted them down with stubs rub and put them on! I actually had a bowl of oil on the side to "baste" the chickens as they were roasting ( some other posts in regards to rotesserie cooking mentioned basting during the cooking process) even though from past experience rotesserie's are pretty much self basting. sure enough, didn't baste them at all and they were great.

na, the potatoes were from last nite. They are garlic-rosemary roasted potatoes in olive oil. This krewe loves the!! I can post the receipe inthe food section if you like

steve

I think Deej (the KOMOD web forum master) has a rule that all food in pictures posted to the forum are required to be accompanied by a recipe! :D

Otherwise drooling and stomach growls could continue without a remedy. Imagine the liability if someone drooled to death.:shock:

I like that rule - lets go with it!! I always enjoy new recipes posted in the recipe section!!

-=Jasen=-