stevemurphy4

Dennis, I have issues with the Komodo, we need to talk..

As many of you know, I have owned the imperial kamado ( fire clay), the BGE ( fire clay and ceramic), Primo, ( fire clay), the origional kamado from japan ( fire clay), the kamado ( cement and volcanic ash composite) and all of us that have one on of the above at some time are used to dealing with "issues" with all of them. Cracked fire box, cracked firegrate, cracked dome, cracked base, stuck top damper, tiles falling off, lower damper doesn't fit, FIREPLACE CEMENT to fix cracks!, new gaskets. top doesn't match lower part, the list can go on. Yet, all of us in the past have just accepted that this is the way it is in the "ceramic cooker" world. All the other forums have the same thread. O yeah, I have cracks in the firebox but it doesn't seem to affect my cooking! I have had cracks in the dome after the first week and my *%#*@ is still going strong after 2 years! I had steam coming out of the tile on my 6th use after "curing" my *%@#* for the reccomended time but I am ok with it!

Then comes along Dennis......

He looks at all the problems from other forums with the kamado style cooker and makes improvements... to many to name.

I am BORED!!!

The freekin Komodo performs just as he said...

no cracked firebox, no stuck dome, Temps are to easy to maintain. I had to start going back to the gym because HIS top is toooo easy to open!!! Thanks Dennis, you just cost me a membership ay the gym.

I'm not even going there concerning all the accesseries that come with the Komodo. 2 grills, the heat diflector, ready for the rotesserie, polder ready, guru ready, I mean come on Dennis, I need SOMETHING to doooo!

I start therapy next week and I think I will bring her some rotisserie chicken!!

Steve