PaulR

Leg of Lamb

Has anyone tried a leg of lamb?

I've seen various recipes in my BBQ books (and they suggest 30-45 min per pound) However they forgot to specify the cooking temp... (300?)

I do have a guru so cooking it to a certain temp won't be an issue, but I'd like to know roughly how long it will take?

PS The reason I won't to know exactly how long it takes is because I also want to cook come chooks at the same time.

I love leg of lamb. I haven't been able to cook one on my OTB yet but I have had really good luck putting it on at 450 F then dropping the temperature to 350 F. Your Guru should make it real easy to do. The short stretch at 450 F seems to seal in the juices very nicely. I plan to use the EZ-Que and this technique once I get the parts necessary to actually use the EZ-Que. I like to rub garlic, dry mustard, rosemary, and salt & pepper on my lamb. Good luck.

Zorro :smt024

I've cooked numerous boneless legs of lamb (from Sam's club). It is about as easy a cook as they come. Leg of lamb is very forgiving. I roast them at 325 degrees on raised grid (if in an Egg) or the top grid in the OTB until the internal temp reaches 140 degrees. Of course, the final temperature depends on how you like your lamb. You can open up the leg of lamb and cook it flat on the grill (goes quicker) or leave it tied up. I like to open the leg up and smear some mustard, rosemary and garlic inside the leg, then tie it back up. I've also put spinach and feta cheese inside. If I'm going to just roast the dang thing, I like to cover it with Dizzy Pig Tsunami spin. I usually use apple smoking wood for the smoke. Good luck!