cruzmisl

Anyone ever use Dales seasoning?

Re: Anyone ever use Dales seasoning?

Hi All,

I have seen this on shelves of my butcher shop and in specialty stores and finally decided to try it. I marinated some pork loin in it for a few hours. I have to admit its pretty darn tasty.

Anyone else have any experience with it?

Joe

Been using it for years on steaks and enjoy it. Though anyone watching sodium needs to stay clear of this one as it is loaded (shake well as all the goodie is settled in the bottom)! Usually I only marinade steaks for an hour; two max as they get too salty after that. I have also tried it on pork chops, but usually just brush it on right before cooking. Another old standby marinade for steak or chops is Italian dressing.

-=Jasen=-

Granted we have a limited amount of BBQ seasonings on the supermarket shelves but isn't it "better" to make your own (get a recipe and adjust as necessary to your own taste?

PS No Dale seasoning in Sydney

PPS Joe did you get my PM's?

I forgot one more store bought marinade I like. Mojo (which is not a brand, rather the name for a type of Cuban marinade), can be found in most grocery stores, especially once with an ethnic section. Buy a quality name brand and probably not the store brand (Publix grocery stores sell one under their name that is just weak). But you can also google search and find plenty of good recipes for it too.

Just for info Paul, you are disappointing me as a brother in the lazy man's guild. I am all for making my own stuff - season, rubs, marinades. But if I can find one I am perfectly happy with from the store - wooohhooo - more beer drinking, chilling time for me - win, win!! Also, if you have never tried good ole Italian dressing (crush in some extra pepper corns), give it a whirl as you cannot go wrong with it. Just do not marinade too long (anything vinegar based will tend to ~cook~ the meat due to the acids).

Forgot to add that Mojo is killer on pork!!! Sprinkle on thin chops and marinade on thick chops or loin - tasty!

-=Jasen=-

I should have been more specific (too lazy to type it) :?

Find a nice rub,seasoning,marinade and get your sous chef to make it (i.e. the lovely wife!).

Is my standing in the society of the lazy brethren restored?

Hehehe, Ok then, I can give you credit for that one! Sadly, my wife can hardly boil water, so I haven't that luxury. :cry: Though I think it is a facade she has been putting on for close to 20 years now since she knows I love to cook. :?

-=Jasen=-

Hehehe' date=' Ok then, I can give you credit for that one! Sadly, my wife can hardly boil water, so I haven't that luxury. Though I think it is a facade she has been putting on for close to 20 years now since she knows I love to cook. [/quote']

Either our wives are sisters, or they attended the same training session!

Hehehe' date=' Ok then, I can give you credit for that one! Sadly, my wife can hardly boil water, so I haven't that luxury. Though I think it is a facade she has been putting on for close to 20 years now since she knows I love to cook. [/quote']

Either our wives are sisters, or they attended the same training session!

Trust me brother, you don't want nothing to do with my wife's sister - hahahahahaha! :shock::axe: Let's just say rabbit in the stew pot!

They must have attended the same training - hehe!

-=Jasen=-

Umm, my wife is a great cook (is that a bad thing?) and my sister-in-law is "normal" (well as far as in-laws go).

Deej, what's the go with Hephzibah ("hehe"?; can't quote yet (too lazy to find out how; can't be too hard but....)?

Redneckville - hehe. Let's just say Curly would fit right in with the old junk truck in the front yard - hahahahaha!

-=Jasen=-

Redneckville - hehe. Let's just say Curly would fit right in with the old junk truck in the front yard - hahahahaha!

-=Jasen=-

Yeeha? I've only been up North (NY) and on the West Coast in my travels to the states. Next one is maybe Hawaii or Alaska...

Haven't been to any of the Southern States yet....