Farmer John

Rotisserie Chicken

Re: Rotisserie Chicken

Okay I have the new E-Z Que, the KK, and everything else except .... I need the secret to make them taste like the ones you get at Sam's that are cooked! Any suggestions? I found a McCormick spice on the web that may be it but if you all have any recipe's please post!

John

I always liked the BBQ flavored rotisserie chicken at Publix. It is BBQ flavored with a dry rub. The closest thing I have found to it is Chef Paul Prudhomme's BBQ Cajun magic ( http://shop.chefpaul.com/index.asp?Page ... &ProdID=74 ). While I have not tried it on a rotisserie, it taste pretty good in the oven. I also very much like the basic smoke season and Rox's Rub I posted in the recipe section ( viewtopic.php?p=2318#2318 ).

Please post pics for me to drool over too.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Rotisserie Chicken

Okay I have the new E-Z Que, the KK, and everything else except .... I need the secret to make them taste like the ones you get at Sam's that are cooked! Any suggestions? I found a McCormick spice on the web that may be it but if you all have any recipe's please post!

John

I would brine it for 8-10 h (1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 Qt water), rinse well and after drying, make a wet rub (olive oil and whatever you like fro spices), place inside cavity and over the skin. Cook direct at 300 or so until done (160 in breast). I also let the chicken get nearly to room temp before putting them on. While it is more expensive, natural birds no larger than 4 lbs are my preference.

Jim