marco polo

I'm a Happy Camper!!!

Got delivery, and am unpacking it. Boy what a packing job, Dennis is da' man. Delivery lady commented on how well boxed it was, (she thought is was a kiln) :roll:

Hope I don't punch a hole in it hammerin' away at the box. I think I will use a saw on the top supports, as they have metal wraps...

Salvaging as much wood as I can. Will post better pics in the next few days, all lit up :smt023

Photo3.jpg

Photo4.jpg

yep, dennis includes a prybar in the crate. also, do it in the light. there's some instruction on this forum somewhere on an easy uncrating method. something about just undoing the bottom and lifting the rest off the cooker????

and your delivery lady was right; basically, it is a kiln! we just prefer pork to pottery!

You definately need to get some smoke coming outta that thing soon!
Yah' date=' I hear they self destruct from neglect, if they don't get smoke and 'que in them within 12 hours of delivery. Hate to have that happen, after all the work you went to opening the crate. :)[/quote']

That's OK, I'm only 3-4 hrs away, I can come pick it up for rehab :D:D

It fits my color profile :?

You definately need to get some smoke coming outta that thing soon!
Yah' date=' I hear they self destruct from neglect, if they don't get smoke and 'que in them within 12 hours of delivery. Hate to have that happen, after all the work you went to opening the crate. :)[/quote']

That's OK, I'm only 3-4 hrs away, I can come pick it up for rehab :D:D

It fits my color profile :?

Oh, so now your saying you color profile - huh?? :shock: Ok, I think we might need more council here - hehe. :lol:

-=Jasen=-

Laptop cam

The camera that is integrated with an apple laptop. I have it wireless, so just walked it into the garage, held it up, and snapped. Not bad, I think...

So, my neightbor that I would have help move the beast is not around, so will need to wait till prolly tomorrow before proceeding with the move in. Need to take off a door, etc. Can't wait... She is a beauty, let me tell ya. The color combo w/ dark grout is handsome indeed. Machining is top notch... Gotta look up how to take the top off ...

Lot's of goodies, not all unwrapped yet, looks like he put everything you could want in there, minus bag of Coconut lump :idea:

Off to sneak another peak at it...

Tomorrow I'll have some birds ready for test flight, what do you all suggest for a break in cook??

Damn, don't we have some anti-Mac spray around here somewhere?? I keep doing everything I can to stomp out all the vermin, but they still sneak in under the cracks!

Hehe, nice looking cooker marco polo! I would keep her sub-critical for a few cooks, just to be on the safe side for sure! Popular choices are always Boston butt or whole brisket for some good break in cooks (sub 250)! If you have not had brisket in a ceramic cooker before, your gonna go crazy when you do - fantastic!! And as a right of passage, we expect full photo coverage of the event too!

-=Jasen=-

Damn, don't we have some anti-Mac spray around here somewhere?? I keep doing everything I can to stomp out all the vermin, but they still sneak in under the cracks!

-=Jasen=-

DJ what are you going to do when the iPhone comes out? We will be taking pictures and surfing the net from all over the place then. :)

Hey, is that new KK unpacked and fired up yet, Marco? We need a progress report. I know you wouldn't do your first cook on Superbowl Sunday. That's not the day for a first cook - too much other stuff going on. Sooo, you'd better get started! We're all living through you, so don't keep us on tenterhooks! :)

Hey' date=' is that new KK unpacked and fired up yet, Marco? We need a progress report. I know you wouldn't do your first cook on Superbowl Sunday. That's not the day for a first cook - too much other stuff going on. Sooo, you'd better get started! We're all living through you, so don't keep us on tenterhooks! :)[/quote']

I think Sanny is right, do you have some photo's/footage of you moving that beast into position?

I'm intending to get one of the neighbors to help me move my KK as well! (will likely have to give them a slab of beer for their efforts)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.