LeadDog

Venison Ribs

Venison has been my staple meat since I was weaned off of milk, so I am a bit passionate about the ribs. Here is what I did today to get the ribs to turn out the best that I have ever eaten.

I have tried cooking venison ribs all connected together and it just doesn't work out very well because of the size difference of all the ribs. The ribs in my opinion need to be cut apart first and then cooked.

P2040571.JPG

Preparation:

Last night I sprinkled Lawry's Meat tenderizer on both sides of the ribs. Today just before they went on the fire I cut the ribs apart. I got the fire in the KK up to 500°F with the main grill in. Then I put the ribs in the KK with one of the cut sides down. The temperature dropped to 450°F, right where I wanted it. When 5 minutes had passed I flipped the ribs over to the other cut side. I pulled most of the ribs at 10 minutes but left a couple of thick ones on there for another 5 minutes.

The ribs were really juicy and delicious. We normally gnaw on the bones to get all of the meat off. We really do like our venison ribs and don't let any of the meat go to waste. Today for the first time that I can ever remember in my life the meat peeled off the bone. There is nothing left on the bones to gnaw on.

P2040572.JPG

It goes really good with my homemade Zinfandel wine. :)

Dang, I never heard of anyone cooking ribs for just 15-20 minutes...most folks cook ribs for 5-6 hours. A lot lower temp, of course, but it blows my mind that any ribs could be cooked like that :shock: I know venison is leaner...but still :shock:

But hey, they look good :D , and if they taste good, then it must be working.