stevemurphy4

More E Z Que rotesserie info! 110 or battery operated?

When I bought the ez que, I couldn't decide weather to get the 110 motor or the battery operated one. Well, after talking to the owner, i decided to go with the battery one. He said they use it at shows and can get 30 + hours with 2 d cell batteries. I didn't want to fool around with an extension cord and I tell you it works great! I've done 4 cooks so far and still have the original batteries in!

( by the way, I did a 5# pork tenderloin with it on Saturday and I must admit I was a bit skeptical as to how the results would be and it turned out great!!)

Can I ask what "weight" you had on the EZque? couple of chooks or?

So 4 cooks (average 3 hours each?).

I'm considering the battery operated one since Oz uses 220-240 instead of 110 (haven't confirmed type of adapter with EZque yet) but some of the posts suggest it might work down-under (the adapter provided with my guru definitely didn't work!!)

The batteries will last a long time, a lot longer than you think. What you will find though is after a while the motor begins to slow over a period of several cooks. It's almost imperceptible. Then one day you'll have it loaded, start your cook and then come out to a stationary roti :shock: (speaking from experience)

My batteries lasted 3 months or so but I would suggest swapping batteries every 60 days (give or take) just to be sure it doesn't happen while cooking. Aside from having a voltage indicator, the battery operated unit can't be beat for convenience and easily wins on the "clutter" factor. I hate pulling out an extension cord.

Joe

Best of Both Worlds

I'm considering the battery operated one since Oz uses 220-240 instead of 110

EZQ sent me a motor that could use batteries with an adapter for 220 50hz...

I'm confidant the motors that uses batteries all come with a transformer that looks like a cell phone charger.

Best of both worlds

:wink::wink:

You work on the wife..

Thanks Dennis, now if I only could get that KK purchase authorised!

Any news on the 2007 prices and what's included in the various models?

You work on the wife.. I'll push the costing bean counters.. The time study spreadsheet is 3 pages.

I'm almost there.

Little hint here.. now's the time to buy at last years prices...

:lol::cry::lol::cry: