Curly

Welcome Mister NitPicky

Just stumbled in here - that's why I'm late responding.

Sorry, I have no pics.

Received my black KK on Monday at 9:30 AM. By around 11:00, my 12-year-old son and I had it uncrated, in place and chugging along at around 250. Just for grins, I let it go and it's still going! I used one entire box of extruded coconut Koal. When I looked this AM, it looked like about 1/2 box was still there.

I also own a K7 that I've given up on. Tiles falling off, damper continuously rusting shut in spite of frequent wire brushings and oils of all types.

I'm very happy with my KK so far. LOVE not having to stick my face in the grill to tighten thumbscrews in order to keep the lid up.

My only problem is ordering accessories. I want to order the upper/sear grill and the EZque kit. I've emailed every address that I can find on this site since 2/22 and haven't heard back yet. Is there some order desk phone number that I'm missing? After reading all the posts talking about stellar customer service, I figure I must not be asking correctly.

grant

...I've emailed every address that I can find on this site since 2/22 and haven't heard back yet. Is there some order desk phone number that I'm missing? After reading all the posts talking about stellar customer service' date=' I figure I must not be asking correctly.[/quote']Grant, Dennis (your manufacturer) has been quiet for a week or so. Most times he's right on top of it. (I'm not even a customer, and I can say that! He's gotten back to me every time I've asked a question.)

Keep faith. :) It's worth it. You might also PM toliver on this site. Tony is the US distributor (Dennis ships parts and stuff to Tony, and Tony repacks and distributes to customers). Tony might be able to help you.

Most important, have fun on the boards! :)

What is your real name? I can let you know whether Dennis has released your order. Usually Dennis is very responsive so hopefully he will be on top of your order soon. Sometimes there are issues with email because he is in Indonesia where things can become unstable. Keep trying I'm sure he's just not getting the info for some reason.

Temporary Incompetence?

My only problem is ordering accessories. I want to order the upper/sear grill and the EZque kit. I've emailed every address that I can find on this site since 2/22 and haven't heard back yet. Is there some order desk phone number that I'm missing? After reading all the posts talking about stellar customer service, I figure I must not be asking correctly.

grant

Argh say it isn't so...

:shock::shock::cry:

I've located your mail.. and yes it was marked read...

No excuse there

and no flag was assigned to it for me to reply...

so that two times I dropped the ball on your email..

Can I just plead for a reduced sentence because of temporary incompetence?

:?:?

I've sent it out..

I've had my BIG $$ customer here for a week..

Gotta do a lot of hand holding to make him feel important. It's a 25 container order.. (more $$ for Komodo R&D ;-)

Shouting out a big Sorry to the K folks for the recent reduction in attention here on the forum and in the mail department..

He's gone.. I'm back!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

mrnitpicky, welcome to the forum. Looks like Dennis is on the ball now and you will be taken care of soon. Our forum admin, Drunk_J, has given us all kinds of emoticons for us to play with. You might like to break out the whip :smt079 next time to get some attention. Who knows maybe even using it now on Dennis might make you feel better. :smt001

TOLDJA!!! Toldja Dennis (and tony) is on the ball, and it was just a momentary lapse of attention. :)

Good to have a meat and potatoes customer, Dennis. Good for you! Shoes for yer kids again this year! YAY!! Glad you're back with us.

Ain't no sunshine when yer gone. 'Cept from Deej, and he's usually tryin to blow the sunshine up our pantlegs. :roll:

Re: Temporary Incompetence?

Argh say it isn't so...

:shock::shock::cry:

I've located your mail.. and yes it was marked read...

No excuse there

and no flag was assigned to it for me to reply...

so that two times I dropped the ball on your email..

Can I just plead for a reduced sentence because of temporary incompetence?

:?:?

Reduced sentence it is, then.

I've sent it out..

Gotta do a lot of hand holding to make him feel important. It's a 25 container order.. (more $$ for Komodo R&D ;-)

Shouting out a big Sorry to the K folks for the recent reduction in attention here on the forum and in the mail department..

He's gone.. I'm back!

Thanks, Dennis

Is that the resort hotel hardwood floor contract? Is that nearing completion or is that a multi-year endeavor?

(more $$ for Komodo R&D ;-)

Glad *I* haven't ordered yet. My cooker has to be better than DJ's.

Is that the resort hotel hardwood floor contract? Is that nearing completion or is that a multi-year endeavor?

I'm wrapping up the Four Seasons Hotel project in the next 2-3 months. This new one is for 1,500 teak doors and jams, +- 95,000sq' of wide plank flooring plus molding and mantles. The project is in Bend, OR. I'll ship 75 doors and 5-6,000sq' of flooring every 3-4 weeks for almost 2 years.

Good customer.. Great job..