DennisLinkletter

Aussie Lamb Shoulder and Steaks

There is a new Ranch Market in town with great produce and imported meats. When I saw the fresh Rosemary I just had to go get some more lamb. That leg of lamb from last week was sooo good it had been haunting me.

Indonesian first.. They had fresh rasberries.. 17 years of waiting, Leggo waffles too

Saw some big thick steaks and thought it was time to do some down on the coals searing too..

CIMG1780.JPG

Fresh Rosemary yea!

CIMG1799.JPG

Fresh garlic, rosemary, sea salt and black pepper

CIMG1789.JPG

Aussie Lamb shoulder

CIMG1801.JPG

Olive oiled down and covered with the mix..

CIMG1803.JPG

Ready to go.. Dropped it in at 450º for 15 minutes.. closed it down and threw in the apple sticks.. it settled at about 325º

CIMG1811.JPG

It was very pink at 140º put it back on and oops.. fell asleep overshot my target and pulled it at 174º

CIMG1816.JPG

Climbed to 182º while wrapped and resting. It was well done but still very moist and delicious.. I cut the slab of fat into little pieces and they were melt in your mouth amazing!

CIMG1781.JPG

Aussie steaks

CIMG1783.JPG

3/8" Inverted sear grill at 700ºf. Charcoal glowing from my small hair drier.. **My secret weapon.. try it before you laugh..

CIMG1792.JPG

90 seconds on each side, rested for 15 minutes then 12 minutes at 350º

Pulled 'em at 155º (meat temp)

Hair dryer

Hmm. That tip about the hair dryer stuck in my head over the weekend. So, I tried it when I fired up the cooker to make paella.

Goodness, what a sooty dusty mess! UGH!! I was coated in ash. AND, just for extra fun, I now smell like fireplace every morning when I dry my hair. :lol: The smoke smell is still in the hair dryer, and hasn't worked its way gone yet, so it blows into my hairs. No wonder you guys use OLD ones for the job. :)

Re: Hair dryer

Hmm. That tip about the hair dryer stuck in my head over the weekend. So, I tried it when I fired up the cooker to make paella.

Goodness, what a sooty dusty mess! UGH!! I was coated in ash.

Yea, you don't want to blast into a cooker full of ashes.. but it works well when your lighting a fresh full bowl to get the small burning coals from the chimney to spread into the charcoal in the basket and to get to searing temps in a hurry.

Also your S.O.B. (south of the border;-) cooker does not have the Komodo Kamado secret extra gravity ash reduction force field feature which is designed to minimize airborne ash particles..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Re: Hair dryer

...the Komodo Kamado secret extra gravity ash reduction force field feature which is designed to minimize airborne ash particles..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, SHOOT! Now you tell me. :) With all the particulates I emitted, I'm sure I violated any number of environmental regulations.

However, I'm sure there are some fellas around here who would think my new cologne (eau de ceramic cooker) is rather attractive. Better than musk! :lol:

Had to let you know Dennis, I used this here recipe per verbatim on a leg of lamb. Fresh rosemary from my garden. TO DIE FOR !! It was wonderful, I put it in my journal to make again for friends and family. I find the best thing about cooking with a KK is sharing the wonderful food it produces.