MacKenzie

Celebration

Happy Thanksgiving Canada. :smt060

Celebrated with my niece and family yesterday. Dinner was awesome, so many delicious side, including, dressing, rutabaga casserole, sweet potato casserole, squash, beets, creamed potato, cranberries, to die for gravy and homemade apple pie a la mode. Today I had another Thanksgiving dinner with some of the leftovers, A very happy camper I am right now. Just need a double espresso.

Flag.jpg.af6806eb3a92d37f758dd6fb159de3af.jpg          Leaves.jpg.2fc940d75e89387d8224eba3281d11b9.jpg       Leaves.jpg.2fc940d75e89387d8224eba3281d11b9.jpg

1911073927_ReRunofThanksgiving.thumb.jpg.5b5c781710bb3015cfa6f527eabb7b78.jpg

886611158_ThanksgivingDinner.thumb.jpg.88f121491dea050d86bdd82630e31c0e.jpg

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Rutabaga casserole sounds delicious. Haven’t had rutabaga since I was a kid and my mom would serve it with pork roast. Now I’m going to have to go find a recipe...unless, of course, you post one... ;-)

It was delicious.  I can ask my niece, it is a recipe from her husband's family. Stay tuned. :)

• Like 1

Turnip Casserole

1 turnip

2T melted butter

3T flour

Salt and Pepper

1C milk

1C corn flakes (Buttered with ~1T)

~ 1C cheddar cheese

Peel, boil and mash turnip.

Make white sauce with flour, butter, salt and pepper and milk.

Fold in mashed turnip, put in casserole and top with crushed corn flakes and shredded cheddar cheese.

Broil for 1 min.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

I was afraid they would so I didn't do it, fortunately I had take home so did the pix today. :)

Relatives only look at you weird and make comments the first 5 or 10 times you do it. After that they just give you that look. More distant relatives definitely give you a harder look. 

My relatives are used to it and besides I don't care what looks they give me B)

• Haha 2