Basher

Simplest dessert no sugar..... nearly

After putting another lamb leg on last night I noticed we had plenty of fruit 2 days short of a trip to the compost.

Sliced and peeled 6 apples. Strawberries, blueberries and 6 bananas.

Placed them in a baking dish and poured 1 cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoons of honey over them.

Sprinkled a bit of cinnamon over the top and put it in the kk when I pulled the lamb and shut the kk down.

The residual heat baked the fruit beautifully in 30- 40 mins.

Tart vinegar, sweet honey, mixed fruit....... almost no sugar cos we had it with ice cream.

I’ll take photos of the next version..... probably within a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So Tony, with the agrodolce sauce, are you marinating your meat in this, or using it as a basting/ post cooking sauce?

Yep, from the little reading I have done, this is going to be a fun rabbit hole. Extremely versatile.

I like the look of Rebecca Blackwell's taste buds. https://alittleandalot.com/agrodolce/

She has a few other tasty looking recipes.

Don't linger to long down in that hole, someone may say, "Off with their head".  Not to shoot myself in the foot but the Chinese call it sweet and sour sauce. However I like the neighborhood your in, it's sweeter and refined. Possibly a side with lamb, just thinking. 

47 minutes ago, tony b said:

The bane of all American-Chinese food - an abomination of true agrodolce! :smt118

How true. There was a time in college as I remember late at night you just couldn't get enough of it. Musta turned the corner cause I can't find that restaurant anywhere

• Like 1