Jon B.

Primo Sells To Broilmaster

Saw this on Facebook.  Interesting to see what happens.  The Primo product was my first introduction into the kamado world and I still own two.     

George Samaras

And the legacy goes on…
Effective November 1st 2019, Primo Ceramic Grills will be part of the Empire Comfort Systems, manufacture of Broilmaster Premium Grills
After 23 years of manufacturing the best ceramic grill in the market with many innovations and a state of the art manufacturing plan, I decide to step a side
and let the new generation take it to the next level.
Empire is a 3rdgeneration company that believes in manufacturing in the USA and delivers many quality products in the market.
I will remain involved in the business to ensure a smooth transition and helping developing new products and innovations
I would like to thank all of you been our customers, and for your support all these years.
I wish you a Primo day
Sincerely
George Samaras

If George had children my guess would be they didn't have the same interest or drive to continue on or maybe he had none and that would be self-explanatory. History leads you to believe that when a larger company absorbs a smaller the quality and service begin to suffer. For the sake of those employees remaining,. I wish them well, it is a scary feeling.  As you, I have a Primo also, I have kept it and use it sparingly and begrudgingly for obvious reason. Tomorrow's another day....maybe I'll slap some wings on tonite in honor of  George

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 11:25 AM, Pequod said:

Very interesting. Don't know much about Broilmaster, and apparently Amazing Ribs doesn't either since none of their grills are rated. 

I don't know what it takes, outside of sending them a grill, for Amazing Ribs to do a real evaluation. Several high profile grill manufacturers that they've never put their hands on.

Amazing ribs are not paid reviews.. I know I sent Meathead grills to play with.  

Here are a couple of links ref. Kamdo Joe being bought by a Private Equity Group.
http://vrapartners.com/news/vra-partners-advises-kamado-joe-majority-recapitalization-dominus-capital/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominus-capital-invests-in-kamado-joe-300717060.html

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Amazing ribs are not paid reviews.. I know I sent Meathead grills to play with.  

Here are a couple of links ref. Kamdo Joe being bought by a Private Equity Group.
http://vrapartners.com/news/vra-partners-advises-kamado-joe-majority-recapitalization-dominus-capital/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominus-capital-invests-in-kamado-joe-300717060.html

Wait a minute...the links say Masterbuilt now owns Kamado Joe too?!

That means Masterbuilt owns both Primo and KJ. What the hey?

Edit: Oh wait...never mind...I somehow equated Masterbuilt with Broilmaster. Masterbuilt is the electric smoker people. Wow. That's...a weird marriage. Masterbuilt and KJ.

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 1

I joined the Primo forum when I bought my first kamado.  Heck...that is where I met @MacKenzie and learned about KK's.

Recently I have not been very active on the Primo forum but would check in every once in a while to see what was happening......................  

Just tried to log in and it looks like it was taken down.  Guessing because of the buyout???????  How things change and quickly. 

The forum moved to a less friendly platform a few years ago and was going down hill quickly in terms of participation.  One talented member really kept it going single handed.  Sad for Sean!!!!   

Mac..........see if you have any luck. 

Long live the KK Forum!!!!!

I am/was a member of the Primo forum. There was a lot of good recipes posted and I was going to pouch a bunch of them. I'm a little sad I never got around to it. 

I didn't post much because their main posting venue was "what did you cook on this particular day?" I'm not fond of that. If you have a decent enough cook to post, it deserves it's own thread. 

Don't hate me but that's the same reason why I barely post in the "only money" threads. And yes I have a WFO money thread and yes I know the reasons why most people would rather post in a money shot thread. 

On 10/22/2019 at 9:34 PM, mjmutter said:

Pardon my ignorance; but what is a “only money” post?

I think the WFO stands for wood fire oven, but not sure about that either! 

WFO == wood fired oven

Money Shot == that one picture of a cook that is worthy of winning an award, should one be given