tony b

Happy Halloween

Not exactly what we're used to for Halloween. It will likely deter most of the trick-or-treaters! 

446085219_Halloweendeck.thumb.jpg.c7559ce5f014dd3655e7e014ec0dbe95.jpg

338291951_Halloweengrill.thumb.jpg.d840e7d9db6b84c04d1b0522c9f86667.jpg

Only the 5th time in IA recorded history of snow in October. The 4th time was on Monday! Twice in one week. Monday's snow was mostly melted by yesterday morning, so the snow in the pictures is all from yesterday afternoon, evening and into this morning! I wasn't ready for this yet! It's not supposed to snow until AFTER Thanksgiving!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

On 10/31/2019 at 3:08 PM, tony b said:

Not exactly what we're used to for Halloween. It will likely deter most of the trick-or-treaters! 

446085219_Halloweendeck.thumb.jpg.c7559ce5f014dd3655e7e014ec0dbe95.jpg

338291951_Halloweengrill.thumb.jpg.d840e7d9db6b84c04d1b0522c9f86667.jpg

Only the 5th time in IA recorded history of snow in October. The 4th time was on Monday! Twice in one week. Monday's snow was mostly melted by yesterday morning, so the snow in the pictures is all from yesterday afternoon, evening and into this morning! I wasn't ready for this yet! It's not supposed to snow until AFTER Thanksgiving!

It was 84 degrees on Halloween, nasty thunderstorms and a couple of tornadoes in the area (thankfully none got too close for us).  But a massive cold front came in behind it and we had 38 degree by the next morning.  LOL...I'll still take that over all that white stuff (whatever it is....HAHA).

16 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

looks bloody cold .

No, mate, bloody cold is when it gets below zero Fahrenheit. We won't see that (hopefully) until after the new year. But, this artic blast headed our way early next week is going to get down into the single digits at night! :cold:

• Like 1

Na I can't handle the cold made a bad mistake and visited my sister in Anoka Minnesota during winter .swear I got cabin fever ,had to fight the snow to get out the front door. Seriously could have iced skate in her swimming pool

No, mate, bloody cold is when it gets below zero Fahrenheit. We won't see that (hopefully) until after the new year. But, this artic blast headed our way early next week is going to get down into the single digits at night! default_cold.gif

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I spent a good portion of the day clearing snow off the deck, we had 4 inches overnight and it started up again in the later afternoon. I couldn't believe my ears when the radio said it will feel like -14C overnight, my carrots are still in the ground and I need to plant my garlic for next year. :( 

Edited by MacKenzie
  • Like 1

Sounds like fun not lol maybe you have to go hydrophonic

I spent a good portion of the day clearing snow off the deck, we had 4 inches overnight and it started up again in the later afternoon. I couldn't believe my ears when the radio said it will feel like -14C overnight, my carrots are still in the ground and I need to plant my garlic for next year.  

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk