Tyrus

Rolled deboned stuffed chicken

I'm practicing for Thanksgiving and I thought what a great presentation at the Holidays. On Youtube there was a video from this gent in England deboning a turkey and showing how quickly and masterfully it can be accomplished as an alternative to traditional turkeys. I'm sure folks here have seen this before but I hadn't and thought that those whom haven't may try this or it may be of interest. So type in on the you tube search bar TheScottRealProject and scroll down a bit to the deboning turkey, stay on after the video because it diverts to the American way in the next vid and shows how to debone starting at the bottom of the turkey. Anyhow I thought if you get the turkey prepared the day before it would free some time up on Thanksgiving for a cordial or two. Excuse the wrapping with string it's a work in progress.

DSCF2772.JPG

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 6

Here it is, straight forward as a chicken cook 350 or to 160-5 internal. I left the deflector in early ( you know the Aluminum ) on the  bottom shelf as it tried to reach temp and then removed it at approached temp.  Wrapping the piece with string is good as described on the video however, there is a weak spot when you're  turning the piece.  The middle is weak and breaks so a crossing of twine in this area would be helpful, although it isn't a major problem you might want to address this. It was moist and presentable, yep it is a go, so hope that maybe helpful, obviously you can marinate before or after deboning. Yah, like a Happy Merry Thanksgiving to all 

• Like 1