Pequod

KK Teak Tables

So...the heavens have parted and a dove descended. Wife and I were at the new house yesterday for the pre-drywall inspection and discussed the patio with the builder whilst we were there. This got wife and I discussing the grill arrangement today. She commented that she didn’t want me to put the Rubbermaid lawn box back there. Too ugly. She suggested something nicer. Like teak, I said? Like teak, she said. :shock: This is where the partin’ and descendin’ happened. Says me: I know where I could get a really awesome teak cabinet that fits the boys perfectly, but it might be kinda pricey. Make it so, says she. :shock::shock::shock:  Once I scraped my jaw off the floor, I set out to show her these fine cabinets at the main KK site...and the link to KK Teakworks is busted! Busted, I say! 😫

@DennisLinkletter - help a brother out, here! Is there a direct link somewhere that shows examples of your fine cabinetry?

Below is the rear of the house. The structure straight ahead is a screened in porch. Just to the left is the patio. I’m imagining the boys connected by a teak cabinet positioned at the front left corner of said patio, facing toward the screened in porch.

4D1F1E94-210B-4DBC-828E-061566869058.thumb.jpeg.d319c0761f52247bf4ef44591767738f.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Bruce Pearson said:

Pequot, Dennis can make you a custom cabinet. He made this one for me. I asked him to make pull out shelves. Makes it very convenient. 

88109B96-8CA7-4992-AB3B-BFDF61256170.jpeg

EED2D6CA-335C-444E-B1A2-551E47E3C83E.jpeg

C1A03D61-4F7F-4741-A760-D67170DCAFBC.jpeg

68798892-246C-4786-AD09-8B8FC739FCC7.jpeg

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, with cutout for 23 on the left and 32 on the right. Want enough cabinet space for extra racks and charcoal. 

• Like 1

Get the drawers where you plan to store the grates lined with stainless steel. Dennis will also cover the top of the cabinet with stainless steel, as another option, but seeing as it will be exposed to the sun in its new home on the patio, be forewarned that it will get very hot in the sun!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tony b said:

Get the drawers where you plan to store the grates lined with stainless steel. Dennis will also cover the top of the cabinet with stainless steel, as another option, but seeing as it will be exposed to the sun in its new home on the patio, be forewarned that it will get very hot in the sun!!

Agree. That’s why I like Bruce’s cabinet. Grates on the right. And then use the left side for charcoal. I’m imagining no drawers there, but maybe a pullout and add an after market charcoal bin I can lift out. Even better would be a double bin where the inner has holes in the bottom to sift out the fines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Pequod said:

Even better would be a double bin where the inner has holes in the bottom to sift out the fines.

Just get 2 that stack, then drill the holes yourself in one.

I made a "sifter" out of 1/2" wire fabric in a wood frame made from 1x1 lumber, just slightly bigger than the lid on my plastic tub for charcoal. Dump some charcoal onto it, give it a shake to remove the smalls/fines (kinda like panning for gold - ha, ha!), dump the larger pieces into the tub, toss the dust overboard off the deck - rinse, repeat, until the tub is full. 

• Like 1