Tyrus

Deboned Turkey and Pork Roll

Happy Thanksgiving.  Two 18-20lb Turkeys stuffed and tied with  Sausage, sage, bread crumb and other goodies. Those two were finished in the Primo xl and the two stuffed Pork Loins were cooked in the KK. If you haven't deboned a turkey I'll tell that it takes alot longer than the person doing it on You tube. One Turkey roll was 25 inches long so the 23 was just shy of real estate. It fit well at an angle and twisted but I changed it over to the other cooker because I needed two anyhow. So here's a few pics from the end.  Very easy to carve up and serve

DSCF2785.JPG

DSCF2784.JPG

DSCF2786.JPG

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Basher said:

That's a neat job Tyrus. Could they be reskinned?

I'm not quite sure I understand, "reskinned" Basher. All I can add to this is that removing the meat off the bone requires somewhat of a technique and study or better said, practice. Having a good knife doesn't accelerate your abilities it gives you a starting point. I managed to persevere because I believe the turkeys were double the size I had watched on video and were somewhat clumsy but I managed to eventually tie and stuff them in a fashion so, it worked. A 10-12 lb turkey would have been more co:operative for this effort.

The turkey looks like it has been deboned and skinned.
I wasn’t sure if the skin was hacked up or could be rewrapped.
We used to prepare competition chicken thighs by deboning, skinning, then spicing and re wrap the thigh in skin once we had scraped the fat off the inside of the skin.
Tasty, yes, but it was a painful preparation.
Chicken fat scrapings made this a pretty gross job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the skin is left on as a wrap, basically it holds it all together. I find it the skin chewy when finished however it protects the meat somewhat during cooking. NOW the reskinned term comes into light when applied to thighs, too much effort...I'll stick to the easier prep