Jon B.

No Moss Grows On Tony B.

My sister lives in the same town as our @tony b and I tried to catch up with him last year during a visit but he was off to a distant beer festival and I missed him.

On Sunday evening before Thanksgiving, I found out a family friend had passed away and decided to drive to Iowa for the funeral.  Didn't get a chance to check with Tony in real time, so I sent a e-mail and took a chance he would be there.   So before I took off on Monday morning, I stopped at the grocery store and bought a bunch of Syracuse based BBQ products.  The plan was to use them to bribe Tony into sharing some of his award winning home brew :smt023.

As I was driving to Iowa, Tony sent me a text message with the bad news.........he was flying to Chicago for the Holidays.   Rats!!!!  Foiled again.........No home brew!!!!!

Hoping for future "beer credits"..........I left the BBQ care package with my sister to take to Tony this week.   

My nephew is getting married this coming summer in Tony's town....................maybe the third time will be a charm :-D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I was as bummed as Jon. Fingers crossed that 3rd times the charm! Beer festival this year is in Nashville - June 16 - 21. 

Here's why I was in Chicago - Blackout Friday - the annual release of Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout (and variations). Special tasting at the brewery.

1508462945_BlackoutFriday-2019002.thumb.jpg.5f252ebcb24ecd10a932bd3b4e141b46.jpg

• Like 6