ckreef

32" Video Review

Hector has all the toys. Now is he a distributor of BBQ items or are all the toys in his arsenal solely for his entertainment?  I've watched his other vid's with the Stump's, Primo and pellet cooker reviews and always wondered if he had a BBQ store in AU. Anyhow a few years back this was my introduction on the 23 along with Larry's videos and they were helpful in making my purchase. I know he likes competitions and uses the Stump's or Primo in them because they're easier to transport with weight being an issue. But to leave it sitting in the garage for year before unwrapping shows a heck of alot of restraint and patience. Yes, a thorough compilation of the 32

• Like 1

I usually get bored with videos half way through but this one was a page turner, if there is such a thing in video terms.  Some observations:

1.  I wanted to tell him to  step away from the bottom dials.  He kept emphasising that they control temp when, in reality, the top hat is far more influential.

2.  I wondered why, apart from the fact that you all told me not to use the stone deflectors, I hadn't needed any deflectors for my low and slow cooks and then I remembered that my clay pot used to perform that function.  Now that I have a smoker attachment I might use a tray to deflect instead.

3.  Really interesting to learn that, since May 2018, all new KKs have a factory burn in.  Is that really the case?  Lots of people still seem to be doing burn-ins.  If I ever get a 42 I will be very happy not to have to do that!

11 hours ago, Basher said:

I’ve been looking through a few of Hectors videos. That man has some toys.

Yeah, I saw that one of his videos is about what grill to choose. Planning to watch that sometime.

11 hours ago, Basher said:

Pretty sure you still have to burn in Tekobo.
I did with mine.

Well, he should correct the video if his statement about not needing a burn-in is wrong.  Everyone says the burn-in is no big deal but it does take time and fuel and it would be great not to have to do it. 

I recall Dennis saying that at the factory the KK's are brought to 1000 degrees if I'm not mistaken. For what duration I'm not sure...so if this is a partial treatment and the remainder is your responsibility is anyone's guess. All I know is my burn-in was pretty easy, no poking tiles and limited solvent. The smell was there for quite some time and white residue was prevalent..I believe it could all be attributed to the  denim blue color and square tiles I chose...yah that was it..superior color and square tiles. And for those living on large islands it could take longer Tekebo..you know, it's all based on science 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2019 at 11:07 PM, tekobo said:

Really interesting to learn that, since May 2018, all new KKs have a factory burn in.  Is that really the case?  Lots of people still seem to be doing burn-ins.  

He misunderstood me... He told me that he was going to do a video of the burn in and I said it was not really necessary because the grills we are now building don’t really vent any more.. Only the last few containers of 2019 don't need venting.
The May 2018 date was when his grill shipped.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:12 AM, DennisLinkletter said:

He misunderstood me... He told me that he was going to do a video of the burn in and I said it was not really necessary because the grills we are now building don’t really vent any more.. Only the last few containers of 2019 don't need venting.
The May 2018 date was when his grill shipped.

That part confused me from the video and then talking to you. 
As you said to me the burn-in is not needed but i still did it to be on the safe side. 
There was still venting going on. Not a lot and defiantly not a problem. 
Just to let you know that it is properly still a good idea to do this. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lars said:

That part confused me from the video and then talking to you. 
As you said to me the burn-in is not needed but i still did it to be on the safe side. 
There was still venting going on. Not a lot and defiantly not a problem. 
Just to let you know that it is properly still a good idea to do this. 
Hello Lars, like to help with your English if I may. defiantly to definitely  and properly to probably.  You do well, as most Europeans do with another language...we Americans are slight to do the same

9 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Hello Lars, like to help with your English if I may. defiantly to definitely  and properly to probably.  You do well, as most Europeans do with another language...we Americans are slight to do the same

Thanks. 👍🙂

Spelling on both English and Danish’s is a problem. 
Good thing that I mostly work with numbers. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/29/2019 at 1:06 AM, Lars said:

Thanks. 👍🙂

Spelling on both English and Danish’s is a problem. 
Good thing that I mostly work with numbers. 😂

Lars, I lived and worked abroad for three years and had to do my best trying to learn another language and a local dialect simultaneously.   My mother tongue is English and I am always appreciative of those whose mother tongue is not writing the language.   Do not be concerned, I got your meaning without any corrections necessary!   Thanks for your posts and keep them coming!  

Edited by Alphonse