Troble

Hello From San Diego......

17 hours ago, Basher said:

Mulch those Avos thick. They have feeder roots that grow through the mulch. They also will only fruit where the have direct sunlight touching them so don’t grow them too close to other trees or walls. Mates have o o farms north and south of us.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Basher Yeah I’ve got a good place for them where they will get Lots of  sun but for now they need to be in the shade or they’ll burn because they are too young. I’ll transplant them to ground after our heat season is over. We’re about to hit peak heat/fire season here in SoCal August/sept/October. I probably should’ve waited on my citrus trees but we did it. The avocados need to be protected, I was worried about them initially but they’re showing great growth. 

San Diego is avocado capital of the US they grow great here once you protect them the first couple of years 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

What a humongous project you've had on your hands this year. It's going to be so rewarding. Looking forward to seeing pixs as things take off. :smt060 :smt055

Thanks @MacKenzie I’m looking forward to posting pictures of meals with fruits from my garden...in a few years 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's great Troble.  Looks like you've got the gardening bug.  I find gardening teaches me to be more philosophical about things.  Some years your tomatoes are fantastic, others your whole crop is hit by blight but something else does really well.  Having variety is a good way to make sure something goes right all of the time.  Have fun!

• Like 3

@tekobo yes you are right I’m so into gardening. I’ve picked up a yellow passion fruit tree and black mission fig tree since the last update....

we finally got my roof and solar done. This is what I do for a living so I geek out on this stuff. We got a new roof, 15kW of solar, 3 Tesla Powerwalls for battery storage and I got 2 Tesla EV chargers on back order. Got everything installed by my friends company who did it super clean. Here’s the end result 

6E06BDB8-7801-464D-84D4-0490BC9DD478.jpeg

F327F849-6884-46A5-918F-9119E23C4970.jpeg

A3A2F41E-D370-4CF4-9EDA-71F400E88862.jpeg

C2A46648-EE48-4A8D-AF41-5EBF6ECE854A.jpeg

4A33123D-B3DC-49EE-8F41-57E4EF1745AD.jpeg

A0F9FDE4-80ED-4E78-ADD2-03F81F99D864.jpeg

E84A6380-E8A4-451F-B227-1540014B0E24.jpeg

19B8D73A-4E86-4948-BAA9-00E66F7B17F2.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 8

Troble my solar goes in next week. 13.3kw system and pool heat pump.
What panels did you end up with?
No batteries here as the government is not allowing power retailer to charge at the variable commodity rates so we don’t get peak price spikes.

• Like 1

We don’t have a pool, so this is actually over-sized slightly.  Net metering is the standard here.  Our house is on the right.  Our friends/neighbors got the same system.  Emphases micro inverters and 23 275 watt panels.

Your energy storage is crazy nice!  The installation is OCD approved! 😄👍

AA158BB5-9AAC-4993-BEBB-B3ADC8C49DBE.thumb.jpeg.85f53dfbe27b11d0a389de1e100e35d6.jpeg

Edited by Wingman505
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wingman505 said:

We don’t have a pool, so this is actually over-sized slightly.  Net metering is the standard here.  Our house is on the right.  Our friends/neighbors got the same system.  Emphases micro inverters and 23 275 watt panels.

Your energy storage is crazy nice!  The installation is OCD approved! 😄👍

AA158BB5-9AAC-4993-BEBB-B3ADC8C49DBE.thumb.jpeg.85f53dfbe27b11d0a389de1e100e35d6.jpeg

Thanks I’ve been doing this 12 years so I cashed in a few favors and got the new stuff. The gateway 2 is white and branded so it makes it all clean looking when you hide the conduit. We have 2 EVs so I knock out our power and gas bill and the batteries got installed just in time for the blackouts this weekend 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Basher said:

Troble my solar goes in next week. 13.3kw system and pool heat pump.
What panels did you end up with?
No batteries here as the government is not allowing power retailer to charge at the variable commodity rates so we don’t get peak price spikes.

I got LG 340s. I had SunPower 318s that were 10+ years old but they didn’t work with all the new stuff and my wife and I both have electric vehicles now so I needed more solar. We can’t charge batteries from the grid only from the solar but the state of CA is giving rebates on the batteries so that helps 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tekobo said:

I thought the fact that we are (almost all) OCD in some way was a given?

I think the first sign is because of you buy a KK then you know you look into the details and small points on things....then if your on the forum talking about it you’re definitely OCD to some degree. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Basher said:

I’ve run with the new Hyundai sg 350

Those are quality panels. We don’t see a lot of Hyundai in the US but my buddy in Maui only installs Hyundai. I worked for SunPower for 6 years and SolarEdge after that. Now I work for GAF Energy developing the “other” solar roof to take on Tesla ironically....but we’re still a few years out from launching our next product 

• Like 1