Troble

Hello From San Diego......

7 hours ago, Troble said:

EV chargers got installed today. This basically completes the project. Painting the house in a few weeks then just have to let all the fruit trees and vegetation grow in 

5C11E228-B781-4575-A44C-5C2FDA01C341.jpeg

That's awesome.  I will want your honest opinion on the Powerwalls and charging in a couple of months.  I am looking to install upwards of four of them on my new house, but I am very skeptical by nature, so I am not 100% sold on them.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:01 PM, AJR said:

That's awesome.  I will want your honest opinion on the Powerwalls and charging in a couple of months.  I am looking to install upwards of four of them on my new house, but I am very skeptical by nature, so I am not 100% sold on them.

@AJR i can already tell you my honest opinion on them. i love them. I've been wanting batteries and EV Chargers for two years but have been waiting for the right time and product mix. I was originally going to do a pilot test for SolarEge for their battery and EV chargers but now that the Gateway 2 and EV chargers are all integrated I decided on the full Tesla solution for the look. I like Tesla because it gives you full control and since this is my line of work and I am a total geek on this stuff I love playing with my controls and testing the battery import/export. Here in CA we have Time of Use rates so during the day we pay $0.26/kWh but from 4-9pm we pay $0.46. So that means when i export solar power to the grid I'm getting that same credit, however solar doesn't shine much from 4-9pm but I can export my battery and get lots of credits since I have 3 batteries. Or I can basically 100% sell supply meaning I fill the battery up during the day and draw it down during the night and I'm able to charge my cars and run my AC and spa etc all of my solar power. It can basically function without the grid if needed.

Why are you considering 4 batteries? That seems like a lot. I would be happy to help you look at different options. Tesla Powerwalls are most popular, but they are sold out till Q2 2021 at this point. If you are considering that amount of storage there is also Sonnen, Generac and Storz Power that can all do good job of whole home backup You're in Phoenix right? i know a ton of the solar guys out there so when the time is right let me know and I'll make sure you get a good deal.

• Like 4

@AJR so this happened yesterday....I got a boneless leg of lamb marinating in my fridge outside for two days that I’m planning on cooking on the spit in my KK on Sunday when my wife’s good friend from LA is driving down with her aunt and husband 

I wake up at 3:30am and see the power is out...COOL! Let’s see how the battery performs. I took a few screenshots through the night, but the power was out 11 hours. I was able to be completely unaffected the whole time. AC ran, cars got charged, cooked breakfast on my electric stove, kids watched cartoons and all the food I bought and prepped in my fridge was unaffected. 

59B68553-9328-4B83-89BF-55BDD80AFD39.png

C51C0B91-DA55-4978-88EB-CDF86CAA2331.jpeg

EA4970DF-25D1-4C03-8F2A-837F673B9C47.png

A1320D90-40EF-410D-8779-57E6C77AB19B.png

726EE65E-76B3-4FD1-8567-3500F89C51D9.jpeg

ABD2882B-6CF9-4127-A803-4D2A33941589.jpeg

D5B6A97A-C929-43BA-8D1A-DFB70EC52224.png

D55A477F-1B90-450B-AEC7-9B7E3A1141C6.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Steve M what you didn’t see was all the water damage my leaky fridge did to our wood floors, so much so that I had water squirting up through the wooden cracks when I stepped in certain spots. We planned to update the kitchen in a few years but given the fact that the floor and fridge had to be replaced immediately we decided to do everything and be done with it 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Troble said:

@Steve M what you didn’t see was all the water damage my leaky fridge did to our wood floors, so much so that I had water squirting up through the wooden cracks when I stepped in certain spots. We planned to update the kitchen in a few years but given the fact that the floor and fridge had to be replaced immediately we decided to do everything and be done with it 

Smart move, I had to replace my floors from a leaky ice maker. My kitchen could use a renovation and I am pretty much stuck with the same exact cabinet footprint unless I want the floor $ to go to waste.

@Steve M were stuck with the same footprint too as one of the cabinets where the fridge go is one big custom made piece which limits the fridge size/selection. They don’t make the wood floors we had and we were never really fans of wood floors in the kitchen anyways so I told my wife that she should just get the tile she liked rather than trying to match something close with wood and we then got new backsplash and had the existing cabinets restained. I replaced the fridge, dishwasher and range top since they were all 15+ years old. Installed a farmhouse sink and all said it took two weeks and wasn’t insanely expensive just more of a kitchen facelift  but the water/floor situation had to be dealt with immediately 

• Like 5