Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
mstang1988

Warranty For Used KK? Going price for used 32 KK?

Is there a warranty if I buy a KK used?  What’s the going price for a used 32 bad boy?  One is for sale in my area and trying to decide if it’s worth pursing or not vs. new.  

Price really depends on condition and accessories. If it’s well kept, don’t expect much of a discount. Keep in mind that the original purchaser paid sticker AND several hundred in shipping. Getting one in good shape marked down from sticker price is probably a bargain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Price really depends on condition and accessories. If it’s well kept, don’t expect much of a discount. Keep in mind that the original purchaser paid sticker AND several hundred in shipping. Getting one in good shape marked down from sticker price is probably a bargain.

It appears 1yr old and in good shape but I haven’t seen it in person.  It shows the below picture, maybe a pizza stone and a cover.  

Reading on here it looks like the warranty is not transferrable.  Unless the price gets way better I’m likely going to run away.  

50A9B535-A0B1-48F7-806B-8DDA9B04BC30.jpeg

Looks like a lightly used basket splitter and no other accessories. Newer model with the cold smoker port. 

Based on the pic, looks like this is the one being sold here: 

Make them an offer mstang.
Although Dennis states his warranty is not transferable, he does not like to see any of his KK’s damaged and has previously supported owners as long as the product has not been abused.
Abuse include running it at extremely high temperatures for prolonged periods, leaving it outside uncovered in sub zero temperatures, and hitting it with a sledge hammer.
They are pretty tough. Much less fragile than other kamados.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It's a "lightly used" one to boot, so it should be close to the price of a new one. Think of it this way - it's already been broken in. If you can go pick it up yourself, then you are getting a bargain. Shipping a new one, even from the warehouse in CA, is several hundred dollars. If there's any manufacturing issues with it, Dennis will stand behind it. He's top notch! Don't let that dissuade you if you really are interested in it.

• Like 4