Herbie J - Alabama

Spatchcocked Chicken

8 hours ago, Herbie J - Alabama said:

I hide this knife from the family. If I don’t, it would end up in the dishwasher. 

Wooden handles just don't stand up to the washers abuse. Knifes are sacred, a rite of passage...I can remember my first buck knife, now where did I leave that?

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 3

The detergent is also bad for the steel and will cause micropits. Plus, there's the problem of the knives banging into other stuff and badly dulling the blade.

I have a friend who struggled with his wife putting his good knives in the dishwasher, despite being asked multiple times not too. He even went so far as to put red colored tape on the handles to distinguish the ones that DIDN'T go in the dishwasher - it didn't work. He hides them now, too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Guilty.
That’s a very good point Dennis, however, somewhere between preparing the food and eating the food, the sun generally goes down, and lighting for photography is reduced, and everyone is hungry, and, no, it’s the drinks that distract me.
I’ll try and take more plated shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2