Tyrus

Salmon, Filet Mignon and the Meater

I was given a new smoked onion salt by my son in law whom acquired it from the manufacturer he designs the product containers for. I applied the salt to both the salmon and the steak. For the steak I ground the salt into a fine powder and applied that with some cracked pepper. The salmon recieved this salt as in it's chunky form with a few additions. I used my meater for gauging the steak doneness as demonstrated.  That was the left hand model, I also have a right hand model. Last pic without the flash and thanks for lookin

DSCF2830.JPG

DSCF2831.JPG

DSCF2833.JPG

DSCF2832.JPG

DSCF2835.JPG

DSCF2836.JPG

DSCF2837.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tyrus said:

I used my meater for gauging the steak doneness as demonstrated.  That was the left hand model, I also have a right hand model.

Ha.  I don't know if you Americans also use the expression "giving it the finger".  Looks like you are giving the MEATER the finger.  And with justification, looking at how well your cook turned out.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2020 at 8:27 AM, Bruce Pearson said:

Tekobo he would have to us his middle finger to give it the finger. LOL😊nice cook Tyrus how did the salt taste?

Not all salts are born or made alike. There are so many with taste differences and purposes. This one paired well with both, light on the onion and with a touch of smoke making it a surprise addition, thanks for asking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s nice to know these things. I have such a lousy sense of taste, it always amazes me people can taste the onion and smoke that’s on; like the salt you have. Maybe that’s why I don’t cook so much. The tastiest thing I have cooked on my KK is a pre seasoned tri tip. I cooked one in my pressure cooker about a week ago, I know why not the KK? But I read about cooking in the pressure cooker and wanted to try it. I seared it and then pressured cooked it. Turned out pretty tasty. Gave half to my friend and he and his wife they loved it. Lol. Hey everybody have a great day!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1