coolpapabill

Custom Soapstone

The Soapstone is one of my all time favorite Kamado accessories.  They are amazing as deflectors in a reverse sear, just cook your steak above the soapstone on a grate and then finish with the sear directly on the soapstone. They aren't porous like cast iron, they don't rust, and they provide a superior sear imho. They won't last a lifetime though, more fragile.

• Like 1

I see that you have a MEATER. How do you like it? 

Best meat probe on the market! I have the Meater Block. I’m worried about the reception in the KK, them walls are thicc! Lol! I will post a review of Meater in regards to how it works with my KK once I get my 21”. It works great in my Big Joe and the walls are thick too.fad2e2f3f95a2e0c17e9a951fe604991.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, Forrest said:

Best meat probe on the market! I have the Meater Block. I’m worried about the reception in the KK, them walls are thicc! Lol! I will post a review of Meater in regards to how it works with my KK once I get my 21”. It works great in my Big Joe and the walls are thick too.

I backed them in Kickstarter. I have the MEATER+. You won't have any issues with using them in your KK. Many folks here have them. Only way to actively monitor temps during a rotisserie cook, which is why I backed them when they were in development.

• Like 3