DennisLinkletter

Meat Hanger.. Whatcha Think?

It took me a while to figure out what the prongs at the bottom were for and then I noticed the screw at the bottom and realised it is a bit like a vertical roti.  I would like the frame and the ability to hook meat onto the top of the frame.  My current adaptation when cold smoking ham is to use the half grate.  This frame would improve on clearance and allow you to hang bigger joints in the KK.  Below are a couple of hams, brined in beer and molasses for a few days and then cold smoked.  

77FF2F06-BA6C-4073-BD57-E2DCC959134C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.4a1e87df3efdf372d8bcb67a003554a8.jpeg

• Like 9

Like the adjustable sleeve on the middle post and the two extra outside loops on the arch. Looking more like a Texas Smoke house, you shoulda hung a few sausages from that tree for the picture. How much, Captain?  Anything else you forgot about?

Edited by Tyrus
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 11:03 AM, tekobo said:

It took me a while to figure out what the prongs at the bottom were for and then I noticed the screw at the bottom and realised it is a bit like a vertical roti.  I would like the frame and the ability to hook meat onto the top of the frame.  My current adaptation when cold smoking ham is to use the half grate.  This frame would improve on clearance and allow you to hang bigger joints in the KK.  Below are a couple of hams, brined in beer and molasses for a few days and then cold smoked.  

77FF2F06-BA6C-4073-BD57-E2DCC959134C_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.4a1e87df3efdf372d8bcb67a003554a8.jpeg

Prosciutto? Are you going to wrap it and come back 8 months or so later?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ckreef said:

You better get on it if you want to beat me B)

One of my recent accessories is a doosie. Will post pictures if the rain ever ends.......... 

Look forward to seeing it!!!    (my kids are going to hate me when they see all the "accessories" they will need to get rid of - revenge for all the sleepless nights - Ha!!!!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2